Knee Scope/Returning to Riding

So…curious about those who have had knee scopes… how long before you started riding again? I"m about 10 days out from a meniscus tear/knee scope. I’m still having some trouble with stairs but am clear to work out, etc…

I plan to wait a little longer because its my right leg and I feel like it needs more strength… or I need to mount from the other side… just curious how long you waited.

I had an ACL reconstruction on 9/6. Even though my healing seems to be accelerated (I had 125 degree knee bend this am at PT) my doc is not allowing me to ride for 3 months. They are probably going to discharge me from PT next week with a strengthening program. The problem is not actually riding, it is the mounting/dismounting and the possibility of a fall as I CANNOT torque the knee. Doc was pretty stern and told me I was getting off light because football players have to wait at least four months.

I have heard that meniscus tears heal pretty quickly. My PT said they have a hard time keeping those people down post surgery.

Luckily for me I have horse that I can drive for the interim.

Dunno about post scope but I was back in the saddle 5 weeks after my 1st partial knee replacement, 4 weeks after the 2nd.

I was careful to avoid landing on the leg with the new knee when dismounting, but I was used to the old lady sorta slither down the horse’s neck anyway. Now that both knees are done and healed I can dismount (almost) normally. And a mounting block is my bff.