Unlimited access >

Knock off TS breeches?

I haven’t had mine long enough to comment, but if I had bought them in my regular TS size I wouldn’t have been able to do them up or breathe, so…

I have purchased several pair of TS off of Facebook groups and FB Marketplace, as well as ebay for under $100 with tags still on them:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1460327407532567/

1 Like

How do you find these groups? Sorry OP to go off topic, but I always wonder when I see people on here posting FB groups. :slight_smile:

OP if you want cheap TS, like others have said, look on Ebay or FB.

1 Like

Yes, but granted I’ve only had them for about 2 months. The fabric is totally different and I don’t think prone to pill like the Pipers. It’s also not as heavy but not in a cheap way if that makes sense. Overall I like the Hadley a lot more than the Piper.

1 Like

Phew it’s not just me…I wear a Girl’s 16 in the TS trophy and they fit PERFECTLY other than being a tad short, which you can’t see with tall boots on anyways. I’ve tried the RJs, and the 26, they fit ok but the seams were super tight and gave me a weird double butt effect (even though I have NO butt at all). The Chelsea’s were disgustingly small. I wear a 25 jean and I am between a 24-26 in every other breech I have ever tried and the 26s were practically painted on they were so tight. I ended up not getting them as the cut was just weird on me anyways.

1 Like

yes I have a pair of pipers and love them! I just wish they came in more colors :sigh:

Thanks guys! I’ll defenetly get those brands next time! Thanks for the suggestions and size help :smiley:

I was just reading a review of these. http://susanfriedlandsmith.com/2017/09/26/smartpak-hadley-breeches-review/

They are 20% off today. :smiley:

The Horze Grand Prix breeches are pretty similar, but a heavier technical fabric (plus a sock bottom!) I find they run a touch bigger and longer than trophy hunters but are cut pretty similarly. You can often find them on sale, or with a buy one/get one promotion so they usually end up costing me under $50 per pair.

You probably know this, but The Horze Grand Prix breeches were just re-designed. I’m not sure how they compare to the old Grand Prix; however, I’ve heard that the new breeches run more true to size. Also they got rid of the long option which really sucks for me; I now have to find a different pair of breeches. :frowning:

Oh, I didn’t know that - thanks for the update! I haven’t needed breeches for a while now so I haven’t gone shopping recently. I found the longs were actually TOO long for me (I have to fold up the sock a little bit), and I need a long in every other brand of breeches, so you must have a super long inseam!

Not really I wear a 34/35 inseam, but the knee patches on the longs hit me in right spot. I’ve never tired the regular length Grand Prix; maybe I’ll have to give the new Grand Prix a try, but I have my doubts they will work.