Unlimited access >

Know Anything About This Saddle?

I picked up an Onondarka saddle today for $450. I’ve got it on a five day trial and I wasn’t necessarily in the market for a new saddle, but for the price I thought why not.

I’ve tried Googling the brand since I’ve never heard of it before, but with no luck. Sitting in the thing is comfortable. I won’t have a chance to test ride in it before tomorrow.

The leather looks almost brand new. I can’t tell if it’s cheap or if it just hasn’t been broken in much.

Have any of you had experience with these saddles before? How do they hold up long term? It feels comfortable and it certainly has more seat padding and flocking than my old saddle, but I’m concerned about the long-term.

Thanks in advance!

It rings a bell. I think I remember seeing a rep and the saddles maybe 8-10 years ago at a show. Recall sitting in one and it was comfortable. Seemed well made. And then they kind of disappeared.

Onondarka is a riding school in California, which you probably determined in your googling. Maybe try putting the name of the saddle in your title?

I’m somewhat certain that an acquaintance did their marketing. Her resume online says something about doing publicity for Oxford Livery Company for a new saddle line. That may or may not be helpful. We’re friends in Facebook. I can ask if you want…

They look identical to the pessoa XP3 and they were of similar quality to the current Pessoa saddles made in Argentina.