Unlimited access >

Konig boots: where is the best place to purchase?

My dressage boots are dying a slow and painful death. In fact, this weekend, I will be wearing a mismatched pair (gasp) because on one pair, I broke the left zipper, and on the other pair, I broke the right zipper. I figure with my feet (hopefully) on opposite sides of the horse, no one will notice that I’ve got one square toe and one round toe.

I have wide feet and a high instep so I really prefer zip boots and most prefer zippers on the front/side. No more Ariats, if I can help it, because the zippers break and they really are not that stiff.

So I’m saving up for Konigs (but will consider Petries).

Where is the best place to buy them? I have a local tack store friend who is great at measuring if I go with fully custom. I’d prefer less $$ since I’m an eventer and already have to support multiple saddles as well as other boots in which I jump.

If you have your measurements, Calevo has the best prices I’ve seen.

[QUOTE=inne;7030836]
If you have your measurements, Calevo has the best prices I’ve seen.[/QUOTE]

Calevo is awesome. I buy my boots and breeches from them and have never had a problem.

Awesome! I will have measurements because a friend measures for Dehner. So I will check into them. Thanks for making this so easy!

The Horse of Course tack shop, which travels up and down the East Coast, has a killer sale on them, and the turnaround time was quite quick on mine. If you’re in the Virginia Blue Ridge mountains, OP, drop me an email - I’m trying to get a boot measuring day here on my Marshall, VA farm. If not, give them a call directly and I bet they can get you squared away.

[QUOTE=dressagediosa;7030879]
The Horse of Course tack shop, which travels up and down the East Coast, has a killer sale on them, and the turnaround time was quite quick on mine. If you’re in the Virginia Blue Ridge mountains, OP, drop me an email - I’m trying to get a boot measuring day here on my Marshall, VA farm. If not, give them a call directly and I bet they can get you squared away.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I’m close to your farm and was there a few weeks ago ;-). I will email now.

I adored my experience purchasing from Dutch Riding Boots

I have long and thin calves so I opted for the semi-custom Petries. My husband measured for them (lifelong metric system user) and the company contacted me and responded very quickly if any of us had concerns. The boots fit like a glove and dropped perfectly.

The semi-custom option + shipping came out waay cheaper than purchasing off the rack from here. Highly recommend the experience. They sell Konigs as well so you should definitely check them out. Will be using them again.

I just got mine this spring custom from Calevo. I bought them for less than half the price compared to ordering them in the US. I also bought the custom konig half chaps, which are the best half chaps I’ve ever owned.

The import tax was around $60 I believe.

I got mine here: http://www.reitsport-menzel.de/ They had amazing customer service and FAST shipping. Were super great about returns (non custom). Got a pair of off the rack Petries for less than $300 including shipping

[QUOTE=svvdressage;7032590]
I got mine here: http://www.reitsport-menzel.de/ They had amazing customer service and FAST shipping. Were super great about returns (non custom). Got a pair of off the rack Petries for less than $300 including shipping[/QUOTE]

Looks great but my German is… Not. I will need an interpreter!

I think if you look at the bottom of the website there is a Brit flag. Clicking on that well provide you with the english translation. :wink: