Unlimited access >

Land Rover KY Countdown!

Yes! I’ll totally join too. I already have my team set for KY

1 Like

I would love to join a league also! Post the code!

1 Like

No one else has made one yet so…

Code is LG0NZG

http://www.eventingmanager.com/app/league?name=COTH%20EventingLeague&code=LG0NZG&id=571

6 Likes

The foreign horses are usually shipped in to Chicago, and transported together to the horse park. They are housed in a separate barn from the US based horses. Restricted access. In addition any foreign mares are stewarded any time they are out of the barn, to meet US requirements for CEM monitoring.

Have they always run the 4* dressage first in the morning and the 5* in the afternoon? (for the time that we’ve had 5*?) I was so excited this year because I’m on the east coast but working west coast time zone hours, so I was like YES i can watch Kentucky dressage without having to multitask at work!! :joy: but looks like the 5* dressage doesn’t start until 1:30, ugh. Sorry to my job

3 Likes

They haven’t run a 4* with it since the late 90s I think?

1 Like

Not everyday you see a $500 craigslist horse make it to KY <3 https://eventingnation.com/land-rover-kentucky-rookies-fylicia-barr-and-galloway-sunrise/?fbclid=IwAR1zdvHmlzeu06-F5etzugzTpzjvXXl_w1pCQ65uZT5H_iO6VEJZUdRKzX4. Wish COTH had told their story in the rookies section. These two have an amazing partnership and I’m so happy they are getting to go this year!!

11 Likes

What a great story!! I’ll be cheering them on too.

1 Like

Fun little write up
http://read.uberflip.com/i/1363171-2021-land-rover-kentucky-three-day-event-cci5-l-roster/0?

Some updates on horses withdrawn: Sara Mittleider/La Paz, Richard Coney/Mermus R Diamonds, Oliver Townend/Tregilder, Chris Talley/Unmarked Bills, Alexandra Green Kerby/Fernhill Limited Edition, Will Faudree/Pfun, Lauren Nicholson/Landmark’s Monte Carlo (will compete in the CCI4*-S), Tamra Smith/EnVogue (will compete in the CCI4*-S), WFP/Little Fire (will compete Oratorio instead)

1 Like

Joined!!

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve joined too :blush:

2 Likes

Predictions, anyone?

I think they are going to make the time hard as a prep for Tokyo. Smooth, fast smart rides will probably win the event.

I think the Canadians have a great chance of some good finishes. Getting excited :canada::canada::canada: Missing Kentucky so much right now!

1 Like

I’m going to predict European-based riders in the top 3 places. Burnham Market 4* S had 7 of the top 10 riders finishing on sub 35 scores this past weekend. Liz Halliday-Sharp was ranked 16th in British Eventing before returning to the USA full-time. The Prices alone are contributing a large proportion of the field with 5 horses entered. But this is a 5* - who knows what magic will happen, what new hero will emerge?

1 Like

I’m probably telling you what you already know, but Mike Pendleton works for Boyd. I think the story goes Steady Eddie’s ownership agreed to lease (?) him to Mike a couple years ago so Mike could get a shot at Kentucky. They worked hard to get their MERs for LRK3DE 2020, knowing the horse wasn’t getting any younger. Then covid happened. I’m glad they are still getting their chance.

7 Likes

Maybe I’m too much of an optimist, but I think we may have a good shot at an American winner this year, my top combinations being Boyd and Tsesterleg, Tamie and Mai Baum, or Liz and Deniro Z. At the very least, I think they’ll be the top placed Americans with Phillip and Z thrown somewhere in there.

However, the pragmatist in me knows it’ll probably be a foreign pair, so I’m rooting for Jonelle!

1 Like

I feel so out of the loop, with COVID and everything else this has been an unorthodox year… My picks which may or may not be way off base:

My predictions are Ollie and ML top after dressage. It wouldn’t surprise me if Ollie was 1st and 2nd with ML very close behind. ML can put down a beautiful test, we’ll see if XC is any different than years past. I would expect Waylon Roberts and Lancaster to place up there too. Bug and Mai Baum have a chance to be competitive in dressage, they can put down good tests. Deniro Z and Tsetserleg too.

I’m very interested to see how Cecelia (Daniela Moguel) does. I don’t expect them in the top 10 after dressage, but think their time to shine will come out in the jumping phases.

Jonelle and Classic Moet are seriously competitive here. Molly made Badminton’s XC look like a cakewalk. I expect top 5 finish for them.

It wouldn’t surprise me to see a big jump in placings after XC for:
Vandiver, Tight Lines, Z, Tsetserleg. Tight Lines has proven he has incredible game XC, if he stays within the flags. :wink:

I want all pairs to do well of course, but I’m selfishly rooting for AP Prime, Vandiver, Vermiculus and Bolytair B. This is Bolytair B’s first 5* comeback after being on the sidelines with an injury. I have my reservations about his fitness but really hoping for a great trip for them. AP Prime has gone to KY four times now and I think this pair deserves a big win and finish. We’ll see.

I expect the US to be solid middle of the pack after dressage with any competitiveness coming after XC, exception being ML/Scandalous.

I think OT will win. If anyone else wins, Jonelle. ML has a chance to win if she can make time and her horse is fit for the level.

Of course, this is eventing – so whatever I say now is bound to make a liar out of me once the show starts! :laughing:

7 Likes

I’ve always been so excited for Boly and Dom. Dom is so transparent about him being a difficult horse and is excellent at managing him.

4 Likes

I think Tsetserleg and Vandiver both have a shot at at least top ten if they bring their A games. When Quinn is on, he is ON. I also really want Dom to do well, just because I think he and Boly are awesome and I’m so happy he is getting to compete.

Idk, I have a whole list I’m cheering on and absolutely no idea what will happen this weekend beyond the top three likely being OT and at least one of the Prices. But wouldn’t it be grand if one of the US pairs gets up there? If it was going to happen any year, it would be this year.

4 Likes

Course preview; https://www.facebook.com/KentuckyThreeDayEvent/videos/213955400528523