Unlimited access >

Las Vegas GP on RIGHT NOW, Thursday, 11/24, 8:00 PM Easter

It’s on CBS Sports.

2 Likes

Thanks! :hugs:

(On dish is 158)

1 Like

Nice class, surprised that very long, heavier looking horse could jump so well in such tight spaces to win.
Then, it was soaring over jumps, didn’t have to bascule over them for height and the rider didn’t have to micromanage, put the horse in the right places and let it do it’s thing.
There is an art to that, nice to see.

That one tricky jump with the silver poles was half hidden by bigger jumps on a left turn.
I was expecting it to catch some, but all I saw sailed thru that one just fine.

Thank you for posting about this, was fun to watch.

Yes but…OMG winner is now 23 and remember her on Ponies and as a cute pig tailed pixie on a fat buckskin Pony gracing the cover of a catalogue.

One of our more memorable train wreck threads resulted as some deemed her doomed to failure as a rider and an example of everything that was wrong with the sport and kids in it. Yeah, they certainly got that prediction right. :roll_eyes:

As an aside, I loved that blue coat with the light grey piping on the collar. And was that a bit of sparkle on the front of her shirt collar???
She was a good kid, worker bee and still has that big smile. Good for her

2 Likes

As I recall, she was also the one who pretty much single-handedly revived the entire green show coat industry by wearing one and winning in it as a junior, when that color had not been seen in the show ring very much for years.

Congrats to her on her continued success!

1 Like

The winning jump off video.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02LECVbWbBd3UNWFbwtsMaLjsF9jqAw6PVfqfV7HPCWvV4sTGZ9y4JAZJAyMUozR9tl&id=1345756722172551

Horse reminds me a bit of Costello, in a mare.

Wonderful pair and did so great there. :sunglasses:

I don’t know if it showed up on camera… but…

Her bit perfectly matched her coat color!

I went on Thurs night and was like: “Now that is a level of matchy-matchy that I will never achieve!”

hahahahaha

Also, her speed class that she won was an absolute masterclass…

1 Like

Yes it was very evident on camera. But I didn’t make the connection between the blue buttons on the ends of the bit mouthpiece and her coat. The camera didn’t feature or dwell on it.

But now you mention it, yeah, she pulled it off without overdoing it, classy.

Here is the Chronicle write up.

I found a couple of pictures that show the matching bit and jacket. It looked like even her groom was wearing a coordinating color. Now that I think of it, I believe she has a riding jacket company, so it was probably not a coincidence. Lol.

Nice profile on the guy pictured above. :slight_smile:

https://www.chronofhorse.com/article/groom-spotlight-cory-tual-wanted-to-learn-better-english-now-hes-running-the-barn

You’re right and I thought of her green jacket right away when I saw her unusual but very pretty blue jacket she is wearing in that class. Back in the old days when I was young, dark green was a very popular color especially with rust or canary breeches. And my sister had a blue show coat very simiiar in color to Lillie’s. Everyone is so boring now.

1 Like

There is no caption to verify it, but I believe this picture on the MedalMaclay site is Lillie as a junior, rocking her green jacket, as well as her exemplary position on her lovely horse. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That does look like Lillie in her junior days, I always admired her riding and was a huge fan of her mother too. The dark green is so attractive, I’m surprised it is not more popular.

1 Like