Unlimited access >

Layover barns along I-95

Looking at shipping two horses from New England to Wellington, FL in early November. Any ideas on where to go about finding farms to layover at overnight, maybe somewhere in the vicinity of North Carolina?

Look up horsemotel online - tons of listings and specific information about what each place offers.

2 Likes

I did a layover at Florence Horse Center in SC when driving north from Wellington in 2018 and it was perfect. Nice, safe, well-bedded stalls and round pens for supervised turnout. We ended up staying there two nights because of horrible weather and they were very accommodating.

https://www.florencehorsecenter.com/

3 Likes

I shipped a horse from NYS to Fla with Scott Norris Transport. He is based in NC and has a layover facility in the Pinehurst area. Dont know if it is used only for horses he ships or if stalls are available to people doing their own shipping. But you might want to check. Very nice man and he did a great job with my horse… Edited to add: he may also know of other options in the area.

It was like 10 years ago, but we stayed at Valentine Farm in North Carolina. The people were super nice and the stalls had attached runs. It was nice giving my horse room to stretch his legs overnight.

I also recommend the Florence Horse Center, they’re fantastic.