Unlimited access >

Leather Open Front Boots: which is nicer?

Quick question- which of these boots are nicer?

I got a good deal on these two sets of leather boots, but I really don’t need two haha…

The first is a newer Pessoa set with removable fleece/sheepskin lining, the other an older CWD with neoprene. Both buckle closure and in nice condition. The Pessoa has thicker leather and feels like it has more of a hard shell on it while the CWD is pretty soft…

I’m really torn on which to keep, and I’m not sure what the advantages/disadvantages are with the linings.

[QUOTE=horselovel![](fe;8898913]
Quick question- which of these boots are nicer?

I got a good deal on these two sets of leather boots, but I really don’t need two haha…

The first is a newer Pessoa set with removable fleece/sheepskin lining, the other an older CWD with neoprene. Both buckle closure and in nice condition. The Pessoa has thicker leather and feels like it has more of a hard shell on it while the CWD is pretty soft…

I’m really torn on which to keep, and I’m not sure what the advantages/disadvantages are with the linings.

[IMG]http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah62/horselovelife/Mobile%20Uploads/165ED9C4-A516-4297-A3D2-204ACF14AF6E_zpstel88zq0.jpg)[/QUOTE]

The link is blocked for me at the moment (work rules :-P), but the sheepskin is defiitely not the trend right now and I wouldn’t go for it unless your horse abolutely needs it and it is not too fuzzy. Is there a neoprene option with the pessoa’s too?

This really depends on the horse and what you are doing.

I work with fei show jumpers. We use leather boots only at shows and really only one of my riders used leather boots at all. And not this type. The only buckle type boots we used were hind boots on one horse.

We had both sheepskin and the neoprene, again, depended on the horse. Sheepskin tended to be for the more sensitive horse.

So it really depends on your horse and what you’re doing and what you are wanting the boots to do.

Of the two options, I’d go with the Pessoas with the removable fleece lining. You may be able to find a neoprene lining to go in there so you can change out the sheepskin if you don’t like the look.

This would be my choice, simply for the fact that they’re newer and thicker leather than the CWDs.

I love enabling people - keep both. You deserve it. Sure, you don’t need two pairs but what would happen if you sold one and ended up regretting it? :wink:

Looks don’t mean too much to me:) we do some eq classes but mainly transitioning to jumpers… so I want the leather look haha. I really just want some protection when crazy legs over here moves like he has 8 limbs instead of 4?? He’s not particularly sensitive so I’m just kind of torn on which boot is a nicer bet:)

I wasn’t sure if there was a big quality difference between the boots or something as I’m having troubles finding reviews online!

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh

[QUOTE=c0608524;8898977]
I love enabling people - keep both. You deserve it. Sure, you don’t need two pairs but what would happen if you sold one and ended up regretting it? ;)[/QUOTE]

Shhhhhhh you’re not helping I’m trying to make some money back lol!!!

Honestly I’d sell both and buy a pair that is all leather. Sheepskin isn’t really
“in” right now and I am not a fan of neoprene.

[QUOTE=greywithchrome;8899304]
Honestly I’d sell both and buy a pair that is all leather. Sheepskin isn’t really
“in” right now and I am not a fan of neoprene.[/QUOTE]

Is neoprene bad? I usually wrap haha so I don’t know too much.

If the Pessoas have velcro to attach the sheepskin liners you could substitute EquiFit T-Foam liners as an option, provided the profile is close enough. The sheepskin isn’t super fluffy like the ones of old, I think those boots are in better condition and look nicer. At some point the neoprene on the CWDs will give out and can’t be replaced. Also, neoprene traps heat.

I would stick with the neoprene ones. The only leather boots I have are the Equifit LUX and while I love them, honestly they are a pain to keep clean. I school in the Professional Choice Open front boots (front/hind) and show in the Eskadron Flexisoft. They all have neoprene lining and easy to clean and look very nice. I probably only end up using my nice leather ones once a year…

[QUOTE=Write&Ride;8899683]
If the Pessoas have velcro to attach the sheepskin liners you could substitute EquiFit T-Foam liners as an option, provided the profile is close enough. The sheepskin isn’t super fluffy like the ones of old, I think those boots are in better condition and look nicer. At some point the neoprene on the CWDs will give out and can’t be replaced. Also, neoprene traps heat.[/QUOTE]

seconded. the sheepskin doesn’t look like it would be super visible when on the horse, and if it’s removeable and washable, you get the best of both worlds. I use all-leather due to my horse’s sensitivity, so I also agree that that might be worth searching for.

FYI I have the same CWD boots and even with the neoprene, they are a pain to keep clean! I suspect the sheepskin on the Pessoas may be even harder to clean though.