Unlimited access >

Less Traditional Show Attire (what is "conservative" in color?)

I, myself, have not but I’m pretty sure other people at my barn have. Good luck!

When I branched out into a burgundy AA Motionlite, I felt like I was ready for a western showmanship class or something :slight_smile: BUT I have received so many compliments from trainers and riders alike AND two separate judges have added “beautifully-turned out pair” to my tests. All very reassuring for my traditional pearl-clutching self haha.

I ride a black Friesian mare in button braids (but Long Suffering Trainer made me keep her feathers), black helmet, white breeches, white gloves, white pad with thin black trim. Saddle is plain black, no bling. Bridle is black with white padding and brass fittings. I polish them within an inch of their lives and they look SUPER when the sunlight catches them. I feel SO BOLD, SO INDIVIDUAL…I’m so not, but in my head I am a TRENDSETTER lol

1 Like

And IMHO yours is a great example - everything very conservative and well put-together with only one “highlight” in your coat. I am sure that is why you get so many compliments.

Please, pretty please with-sugar-on-top, post a picture :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awww, thanks!!! I WISH I had one. I never have friends taking pics as they’re usually riding their own ponies. I need to get some though if only so I can admire her shiny self…

Rules; https://inside.fei.org/sites/default/files/FEI_Dressage_Rules_2019_Clean_Version.pdf

USEF doesnt require you apply for permission to wear colors below 32%V

B Vertigo from Horze?

https://www.horze.com/womens-show-sh…html#color=BWH

1 Like

I can’t “fetch quotes” so I’ll say, GreyDes, that is a fab shirt. I love the navy one. wow.

I really like that shirt, but I’m also just thinking of the cool lace-pattern sunburn I’m going to have on my upper arms from it.

2 Likes

Eventing dressage, but here is a picture of my navy/brown attire. I tried to enhance the color so you could see the navy jacket with brown panels/collar but it’s still hard to see. Brown helmet and boots as well.[ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:“Click image for larger version Name: Dunlin in brown.jpg Views: 1 Size: 24.3 KB ID: 10413382”,“data-align”:“none”,“data-attachmentid”:“10413382”,“data-size”:“medium”}[/ATTACH]

Dunlin in brown.jpg

1 Like

I personally love the options now available on the color scale. Even black jackets have lots of options to make them flattering. I just got back from a show and the from bright blues to navy, varying degrees of gray and greens, brown and burgundy. Lengths differed too and lots of pretty stock ties with color accents tying the look together. Stock ties are a very affordable way to change a look using the same coat and saddle pad.

2 Likes

It is wonderful to be able to use different colors. But y’all may want to stay conservative. Do you REALLY want the judge and/or TD to be spending a great deal of time looking at the rules and discussing whether or not your attire is ‘legal’ rather than concentrating on your ride? Yes, the judge should be concentrating on your ride no matter what. But if what you are wearing is making them twitch while doing that, tends to not be a good thing.

I LOVE THIS!

1 Like

Thanks! This is … well, FUN! :slight_smile:

The show pad I use at USDF shows is a white Mattes pad with royal blue and gold piping and the exact same
baby blue fleece on the pad you are looking to get. With it I wear a navy jacket and navy helmet. Everything else
I have is plain - no bling - and I once got a nice comment from a judge “lovely turnout.”
I don’t think the blue fleece on your pad will be an issue.