Unlimited access >

Lesson Recommendations in Indiana

After a hiatus from consistent riding due to having my son, I’ve finally got back to riding and showing my gelding.

I’m hoping to up my lessons this winter now that I also added a truck for hauling. I’ve taken lessons with my gelding here and there, but I was hoping to get some recommendations for the members of Chronicles.

I’m looking for a dressage instructor in Indiana. I’m 45 minutes east of Valparaiso in the northern part of the state, but I would be willing to travel an hour and a half for a lesson every two weeks or so.

I’m an adult amateur currently showing First Level at GMO schooling shows, and I would be hauling my gelding to the barn of instruction.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations. :slight_smile:

Forrest Hill Farm in Lafayette IN is very good but might be a little far.

http://www.forresthillfarm.com/

You could try Excelsior Dressage in Hobart, but I can’t say I’ve heard much positive things about the lady as a person - nothing in relation to her training though.

I have NO personal experience but Transitions Equestrian has a Grand Prix rider/trainer advertised in LaPorte with an indoor.

Also Hannaberry Farm just over the Illinois border.

Concord Ridge Equestrian Center in St. Joseph MI, at least it is in the right direction from Valpo (NE). The owner’s daughter Sophie Schults has done quite well in the upper levels. My daughter was looking into it several years ago when her husband as interviewing for a job in South Bend. The trainer there at the time is now the owner of Transitions Equestrian. I remember there were quite a few unhappy clients when she was let go, but I think she was mostly into Friesians. I know nothing about the trainer they have there now, but it is a beautiful facility.

@Satirical Let me text my trainer & get back to you here.
She has trained her own horses & those of clients to GP.
Operates out of a barn in Valpo, but willing to travel.
Not sure how far, I’m about 20min from her, she comes to my barn.

No breed snobbery, she took a client’s QH to 3rd - that was probably 3-4yrs ago, can’t say where horse is working at now.
She has worked with me & 2 TWHs I owned - one hardwired to gait, the other is now trotting.

”‹”‹”‹”‹”‹”‹

1 Like

@Satirical PM’d you trainer info.
She suggested you come to watch her ride & decide if you’re a fit.