Unlimited access >

Lessons on Schoolie in Western/Central MA or Northern CT?

Hi All-

I have recently had to bring my 23 year old guy down to light work under saddle, but I would really like to take dressage lessons and continue riding consistently. Not looking for anything super high level - I have only gone up to 1st myself (rode hunters for most of my life, been riding 20+ years), and have not taken a true dressage lesson in a while (but of course I would love to improve!). That being said, I am looking for a reputable place I can go with a solid horse available for lessons. This could also turn into a future sale, as I will be looking for a youngster for myself in the next year or so. Preferably in the Western Massachusetts, Central Massachusetts, or Northern CT areas. Possibly willing to go to Western NY if the place is right.

Anyone have any ideas??

I believe Suzanne Markham in Munson, MA sometimes teaches lessons on her GP horse. I will ask my trainer if she’s still using her PSG stallion for some lessons, as I don’t know if her current situation allows her to teach out of the facility she’s at or not (I’ve got two 3yos right now and have just been trying to stay on…)

Send me a PM and let me know where you are? I can think of one more name but she might be too far depending.

Doris Carlson at Morning Light Farm in Brimfield, MA is fantastic. I rode with her for years, and she keeps several good school horses.

1 Like

She has a couple of upper level horses for lessons/leasing. She teaches out of her own facility, Divinity Dressage.

I was talking about my current trainer. I know where Suzanne is out of. My own trainer doesn’t have her own facility but she does teach on her psg horse and out of my facility.