Unlimited access >

Lessons - Stephenville/Granbury/Weatherford/Ft Worth TX

Ok I tried searching through previous posts but couldn’t quite find what I was looking for. I am interested in taking h/j lessons - I am currently horseless but have been riding for 18 years. I have done mostly Saddlebreds and saddleseat but have dabbled in other breeds and breed hunters. I rode h/j for one semester while I was at William Woods. I have been taking lessons at some Saddlebred barns but I’m in an awkward stage - I know how to ride and most of the lesson horses aren’t a challenge for me but I can’t afford to buy a show horse that I have to keep in training at $800+ a month. So I thought I would try some h/j lessons - maybe even show or lease at some point. I like feeling like I am learning or working towards a goal but still having fun… Any barn/instructor recommendations in Stephenville/Granbury/Weatherford/Fort Worth?

I have no idea how they are with lessons, but Crying Coyote has their farm out that way. www.cryingcoyotefarm.com

You can also check www.nthjc.com to see what trainers in the organization are in your area…

I have heard both Eagle Mountain Lake Equestrian Center and Confederate Park Farms (both in the Ft. Worth area) have solid lesson programs and do some local/C level showing. You could find both on the NTHJC site, or the DHJSC site. Both are local schooling circuits that have a lot of barns with lesson programs.

I have seen the owner/trainer of Confederate Park Farms at both local and rated shows and have been impressed with her (I can’t remember her name).

Thanks everyone for your responses - does anyone know if there is a trainer working out of Blue Moon Equestrian Center in Granbury?

bump

not sure but…

[QUOTE=mand_asbfan;7022365]
Ok I tried searching through previous posts but couldn’t quite find what I was looking for. I am interested in taking h/j lessons - I am currently horseless but have been riding for 18 years. I have done mostly Saddlebreds and saddleseat but have dabbled in other breeds and breed hunters. I rode h/j for one semester while I was at William Woods. I have been taking lessons at some Saddlebred barns but I’m in an awkward stage - I know how to ride and most of the lesson horses aren’t a challenge for me but I can’t afford to buy a show horse that I have to keep in training at $800+ a month. So I thought I would try some h/j lessons - maybe even show or lease at some point. I like feeling like I am learning or working towards a goal but still having fun… Any barn/instructor recommendations in Stephenville/Granbury/Weatherford/Fort Worth?[/QUOTE]
When I was there years ago with my horse…I found Debby Devecchia…she was originally from Va. but now did hunters, jumpers…was very knowlegeble and it was fun. I saw her with all levels or riders. I still visit Ft Worth/Azle (my son lives there), but have not had any contact with the show /lesson world. Just an idea…

My friend boards with Debbie and her now retired event horse is a completely changed animal. He used to be sensitive and touchy but now is mellowed out and happy. I don’t think she does local shows though.

Debbie is pretty far from the area the OP mentioned.

And I have never heard of Blue Moon Equestrian Center…