Unlimited access >

Let's Meet... part 3?

On the suggestion of another BB’er, here’s part 3 (or 2 or 4, can’t remember) of the Let’s Meet thread. Since we have a lot of new BB’ers lately, I thought it would be a good idea for them to introduce themselves and us to re-introduce ourselves (lest we forget who we are).

You know… the usual. Name, age (uh, maybe for juniors ), where you live, horses you have, hobbies, etc.

~Erin B #1
Compare music to drinks. Some is like a strong brandy. Some is like a fine wine. The music you’re playing sounds like Diet Coke.

On the suggestion of another BB’er, here’s part 3 (or 2 or 4, can’t remember) of the Let’s Meet thread. Since we have a lot of new BB’ers lately, I thought it would be a good idea for them to introduce themselves and us to re-introduce ourselves (lest we forget who we are).

You know… the usual. Name, age (uh, maybe for juniors ), where you live, horses you have, hobbies, etc.

~Erin B #1
Compare music to drinks. Some is like a strong brandy. Some is like a fine wine. The music you’re playing sounds like Diet Coke.

Name: Ash (or in Erin’s case Surreal)

Where from: The land of beer (Canada)

Horses: Holsteiner Cody (Red October), Belgian Warmblood Ivy (Adastra)

Why is it hot here? Im in Canada, its not allowed to be hot!

Sometimes I wonder if anyone really wants to know me, but just this ONCE, ErinB, I’ll humor you.

My name’s Amanda, I’m 18, and I’m a recent convert from h/j to eventing. I could not be any more excited about being on “the dark side”. My horse is a “ripened” (don’t call him old, I can’t deal with such 3 letter words) TB gelding that is very cute, but thinks that scaring the bajeezus outa mommy is just way too fun. I’ll attach a picture of the wooly mammoth…

Oh yeah, and I’m from TEXAS! Yeehaw

-Amanda

“when angry, count four. When very angry, swear.” Mark Twain

Ok, I’ll play.
I live in DC, and “work” from home (this way I can tell clients I’m busy with another client, when of course I am off riding).
I’m in my 30’s, and that sounds bad enough.
I got bitten by that irresistible eventing bug last year, and have been leasing a older TB eventer (who thinks he’s 4 on a regular basis). But today, I am going out to ride my NEW HORSE for the first time. He’s a 17.2 Irish draught cross, and, like all new owners, I’m totally besotted with him.
He’s about to get surgery for a bone chip, though, so I’ll be feeding him carrots and handwalking him, instead of eventing him, this spring …it’s an investment in our future, which I hope will be long, happy, and high-speed (he’s good at that part, I know).

I’m Chelsea, I’m 15 years old and live in Northern Virginia. I’ve been living here all of my life (well, except for when I was born to when I was 3…Then I lived in Nowhereville, Texas) I started riding when was 6 or 7…I foget. I got my pony when I was 13 and I sold him in September and bought my horse Sonnet or ‘To The Stars’, a 15.3hh, Belgian Warmblood Mare. Right now, we’re teaching her how to jump, and get round and long and low – you know, all that fun stuff! In the spring whe we start to show, we’ll do Pleasure Horse and Greens. Just the local stuff! And thats about it. I just posted pictures so go look at them!!!

.:Chelsea & Sonnet:.

• Formerly Hats Off -

http://community.webshots.com/user/tothestars

My name is Suzanne, I am 27 years old, and work ALOT so that my 9 yr old 16h Grey QH mare Trixie can live in the style she is accustomed. I too live in the Albany, NY area. Trixie and I show in the A/A jumpers. We have not shown much locally, pretty much just did a few weeks at HITS Catskills last year.
While Trixie is getting a well deserved rest (not for lameness, just peace of mind, and because my trainer is in Ocala) for a month or so, I am riding my friends wonderful 4 yr old QH. She is pretty green, but a serious blast to ride. She will eventually be a really cute hunter!!!
There is a pic of Trix floating around the COTH site somewhere, but I do not have it here to upload…I am here at work…workin’ hard

I’ll go first~~~

My name is Suz, I’m 28 years old, live in coastal SC. I have a small hunter barn called Upper Mill, currently only 6 horses, number 7 is at my friend BaileyBFF’s farm. I own 4: first pony, Scarlett, QH mare~ Skipper, BIG 17H appendix QH gelding~ Raleigh, and appendix QH mare~ Beamer.

I enjoy Ebay, Rit dying show shirts, and love sushi, aside from my normal everyday horsie activities & shows.

Am currently in flight school, training for career as a commerical pilot. Dad just got a new airplane this week for me to build time in~ YAY!

That’s about all I can think of… SUZ

Je m’appelle Emily, j’ai 16 ans, et mon cheval s’appelle Dixie. Et je parle francais.

For those non-French-speaking BBers, my name is Emily, I’m 16 and my horse’s name is Dixie.

While we’re on the topic of Dixie, I show her in Chester County, PA, in the Children’s Hunters and equitation. She’s a sweet little thing with a ton of talent, but I haven’t quite figured out how to mold all that talent into the shape of a hunter.

I amuse easily, if you couldn’t tell. I suppose you could call that one of my hobbies Other than that, I really don’t have many.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

• Emily *
    If you’re here for four more years or four more weeks, you’re here right now.
    I think when you’re somewhere, you ought to be there.
    It’s not about how long you stay in a place, it’s about what you do while you’re there, and when you go, is that place any better for your having been there?

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> but just this ONCE, ErinB, I’ll humor you. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quick! Look out the window! In the sky! Is that a pig I see?

~Erin B #1

My name is Dee and I’m 23. I’m currently a graduate student working on my MBA (Econ is not fun! ) Anyway, I live just outside of Cleveland and have been riding since I was six (it’s all my mom’s fault, she gave me and my brother and sister riding lessons because she thought that’s what a good mom does. I’m the only one that was hooked from day one…so blame the obsession on my mom!)

I have a horse by default. My friend left town to do some “soul searching” and I now have his horse. I don’t mind beacuse that is extra ride time! I usually lease a school horse from the barn during the summer to show.

Other than that, I have a mutt named Hank and an old cat named Cat.

Toodles!

My name is Sara and I have two horses, a ‘mature’ eq horse, and a pre green hunter. I show in zone nine, in both those divisions. Oh, and I’m 15 years old.

~SARA~
Horse, thou truly are a creature without equal, for thou fliest without wings and conquerest without sword.

Name: Lisa

Horses:

Picasso, 14 yo Tb gelding. My ‘awesome’ Jumper who was Champion in the A/O Jumpers at his show on Sunday.

SC… not so good. I can’t wait to graduate and move, hopefully back to wonderful, perfect VA.

Uhm… I’m 20, I go to USC and am chasing a DD in Psych and English (much like chasing my tail, of course). I also work at my fantastic barn to help offset costs on my guys, and try desperately to drum up commissions for artwork. Any other time, I am usually sitting around watching the same movie over and over (This week: Fight Club. Last week: Shakespeare in Love). I am an amazingly exciting person, if you couldn’t tell.

I have 3 horses currently - Saratoga, the wonder gelding who is showing me (patiently) how to ride jumpers; William, a DWB 3 year old who I’ve owned since he was 9 months old; and Kately, the wonder mare who also lives with BaileyBFF (I believe she’s collecting in a world domination plot, if you ask me).

Delighted Studios

Only if that fat lady is rockin out on stage

-Amanda

“when angry, count four. When very angry, swear.” Mark Twain

Ok, I’ll take a shot.

I’m Nellie, I’m 15(turning 16 in 9 days!) I’m from N.H.

I own one horse, a paint mare, who is turning 4, but acts like 10.

I’m a sophomore, and am counting down to summer, only 1/2 way to go! Mid-Term week is this week

I have been riding since I was 2 but started lessons when I was 6.

Outside of school, I am looking into collges, I want to go out west! My friend is mostlikely going to some college out in Utah, it would be nice to go out there too, but I’ll have to wait…

Hey everybody!

Name Rachel
Age 21
Occupation
Junior @ NC State University, assistant trainer
Horses
Southern Moonshine (Moon) -8 year old 15.3hh TB/QH. Flip-flops between 1st years and schooling jumper (depending on what mood i’m in )
Possum -19 year old 16.3hh retired show hunter…very underweight and arthritic when I got him. He’s now back up to a healthy weight, sound, and enjoys trail rides.
Hobbies Sailing, Crew (rowing), and playing violin (I play with the NCSU Symphony).

-Rachel
Rachel and Moon’s Website

and I’m a senior in high school. I live near Richmond, VA, and own 1 horse. About 2 months ago my family and I gave our 17 year old TB mare, Breeze, away to a breeder friend of ours, because she was no longer sound.
The horse I own now is a 6 year old, 14.2ish Morgan gelding named Vinny. I love him to death, but he is sadly for sale because he just does not enjoy jumping, and I’d like to start showing hunters/jumpers.
In my spare time I like to ride , play with my two dogs, Barney a 12 year old Yorkie, and Roxy a 10 month old Husky/German Shepard, and hang out avec mes amis.

AlyssaC

Name: Erin (oh, really?)

Hobbies: Anything that requires minimal usage of the “Math” portion of my brain. Particuarly writing, riding of course, and making websites.

Horses: Griffen, 10 year old TB (for sale), Hopper, 12 year old QH, Silky, miniature (old as dirt, maybe older), and Mickey, my trainer’s 2 year old Welsh pony cross (not ours).

Etc: Visit website.

~Erin B #1

I live in Northwest Connecticut. I ride Hunter/Jumper, but don’t own my own horse. I ride schoolies I enjoy long walk on the beach and new age music… oh wait, no, I like movies and funny things (like pictures of ErinB and her friends) and stuff like that. I have AOL, so if anyone wants to chat, hit me up Emmapony84. Hope to talk to anyone who’s interested

EMMA
http://emmapony.diaryland.com