Unlimited access >

Lexington Barn & Apartment Recommendations

Hello!

I’ve read through many forums posts on this site in the past, but this is my first time posting here. I am from Vermont, but am looking into relocating to the Lexington area. I have been researching various facilities to board at, as well as apartments. I’m pretty open to looking at different options, but this is kind of what I’m looking for and any input would be greatly appreciated!

Boarding:
*Open to full, partial, or pasture care. (Possibly self depending on employment)
*Provides hay year round, preferably included in board
*Offers lessons (H/J or eventing)
*Holding for vet/farrier
*Price range would depend on services provided, but looking to spend under $375
*Would be nice if they allowed for working off partial board

Apartments I am less picky about, as long as they are clean and affordable.

Any other advice/input would be very helpful. This is just the beginning stages of my planning, but I would like to have a few places in mind to go check out.

Thank you!

Which Lexington?

Kentucky. Sorry, I didn’t realize there was more than one!

The one in KY is named after the one in MA.

So where are you going to work/study do you think? That will affect recommendations. And your budget is kinda low.

[QUOTE=ReSomething;8677190]
The one in KY is named after the one in MA.

So where are you going to work/study do you think? That will affect recommendations. And your budget is kinda low.[/QUOTE]

Ditto about the budget being low. For that price you’ll mostly be limited to pasture board.

And, yes, a specific part of the “Lexington area” would be quite helpful. :)(

Ok not to sound rude, but why are you looking to relocate to KY? You’re going to be in for a shock considering the prices of rentals and board have been on the increase in Lexington. Plus with what you’re looking for in the price range you set with what seems like really no job lined up, good luck. If you’re thinking about getting into the racing industry, a majority of the farms only pay $8.50/hr and there’s a lot of competition for those jobs. There’s a lot to think about before moving to this area. There’s other jobs out there too but some pay $7/hr and some of the warehouse jobs, you’re lucky if you get paid the max of $14/hr to start.