Unlimited access >

Life's Abundance Pet Food

Anyone familiar with this - breeders selling for the company = part of puppy purchase requirement ?

Pyramid scheme ? or just making extra ca$h off their litters

It is an MLM, which I personally despise.

But the kibble is actually better than average. Dog Food Advisor gives it a 5 star rating.

I don’t think they have ever had a recall. I know some breeders recommend it, and of course make a few bucks by selling it to their buyers.

2 Likes

Forbes calls it an MLM, Amazon reviews are mixed. Not cheap. Many say there’s better dog foods out there for less money.

2 Likes

Thank - yes, I had read up on it but wondering of any Cother participated through purchasing a puppy, and was currently feeding it — the added tablets seem strange to me.

Thanks for supplying more informational links @Kemosabe @Marla_100.

I bought a puppy that was on it, and the breeder sold it, but I did not have to feed it. A few bags in I got a couple of bags where the kibble seemed wrong. Nuggets were darker, smaller and harder. My puppy would not eat it. The company had no answers for me, so I switched.

2 Likes

Thank you for this information.
Apparently some breeders are making this food requirement: for guarantee of hip soundness and 10 year life expectancy or puppy replacement.

Again, thanks.

Yeah, I think that is a total $$ grab. The breeder I got said puppy from did required we feed a specific supplement that she got a kick back for. We just lost said puppy, at 6 yrs old, to bone cancer. She was a fabulous dog.

3 Likes

Oh ! I’m so sorry for your loss. ;( ((hugs))

Yes, I too, think it’s a $$ grab and am surprised I have run into it on puppy contracts many times as of late.

1 Like

Thank you. It was very hard, as it was so unexpected.
I will say she was well worth the extra $ we spent on the supplements.

1 Like

It wasn’t contractually required from my breeder, but it was a high pressure tactic I didn’t appreciate. I did order the food after a few weeks and my dog immediately got repeated bouts of diarrhea. After a few vet visits, stool tests, etc, vet suspected food allergies. I switched to a prescription diet and my dog has been fine since. I Also think there are better foods you can buy at same or lower cost. Just my opinion…

2 Likes

I don’t like the sound of that at all. Number one, a guarantee sounds a little odd to begin with. Number two, if you can guarantee 10 years of life and hip soundness but feeding a different kibble would risk it, how sound is the dog really? Blech

Sounds more like you’re guaranteed to pay into their MLM for up to 10 years more than anything.

5 Likes

Exactly !

2 Likes

I have never fed the food, but I do buy some of their treats that my dog loves.

1 Like

It’s an MLM that allows breeders to get you to keep paying them for the puppy you thought you already purchased. The worst of them make it a requirement if you want a health guarantee. I would never feed it just on principle alone.

5 Likes