Unlimited access >

Link to Jim Wofford WEG Blog

Jim Wofford has a WEG Blog on Equisearch. Complete with all the Wofford wit and “trueisms” :smiley:

I especially liked the observation that now that the Germans “Got what they wanted with the short format” Things aren’t working out the way they expected…most of their eventing team is riding TB’s or ISH’s :lol:

Wofford blog 1

There is also a Blog 2

Great words by Jim! The XC course sounds tricky and I hope NBC shows the whole course! Cannot wait to read more from Jim!!:lol:

I LOFF Jim Wofford!

I can only hope he is allowed to be at least a little of himself when he COMMENTATES for NBC (yayyy!)

Thanks for the link!

I’ll have to remember to keep checking in!

I had some good laughs reading his blog, just great, i love the way he writes it.

The course discription mirrors what I read at the German FN site.
I agree completly with his assesment of the courses of the bastard format, they are starting to trikle down into Advance, Intermediat, Prelim and even into Training.

By the way he needs to keep the facts straight, 4 out of 6 German horses are WB, Hanoveran and Badenwuertenberger, only Klimke and Hoy are riding Irish or TB.
I am very interested in how the Russian Trakehner will do.

It seems that Saturday will be a very tough and interesting day.

I hope it will not rain, when it rains over there it rains and rains and rains and the footing will be bottemles and catstrophic for the ones that are not used to it.

well I’m impressed that NBC is using an intelligent, articulate and VERY knowledgable commentator

I loved the blog. Very entertaining.

However, I can’t leave w/o a comment on this:

Quote: Some of the German riders are having some success right now, but they are doing it on Thoroughbreds and Irish Sport Horses, not old-fashioned warmbloods.

I am AMAZED that this is what people apparently think was behind this “plot” (which I also don’t see, but ok). Old fashioned warmbloods in four star competitions was NEVER a goal. Germany won its Seoul Olympic medal on 4 more or less full TBs, and ever since then, with all ups and downs, things haven’t changed much. Whoever thinks you can take a less than 70% TB around a course like that (and Jimmy described the toughness of it more than once) must be out of their mind!

Eventing is such a low-impact sport in Germany, no breeder seriously would drop a running dressage or jumper business to embark on eventers for the big market…dream on!

And that comes from somebody who thinks the change of format came too sudden and wasn’t understood in all consequences at all. I rode “old format” and loved it and will do it wherever I can find one. It’s just pathetic to blame it on the warmblood “industry”…

#4 and #5 up

The rest of his diary entries are up (final day is day 5). You can get to them from the link at the beginning of this thread. Happy readin’!

[QUOTE=Maren;1840482]
Eventing is such a low-impact sport in Germany, no breeder seriously would drop a running dressage or jumper business to embark on eventers for the big market…dream on![/QUOTE]

No, I wouldn’t think they would quit one to pick up the other.

But imagine if you could keep running the exact same business you always had… and yet have an entirely NEW market in which to sell the same product? THAT is how one makes more $$ doing the same thing. (it’s like McDs going into Russia)

tle,

maybe so. But nobody in his right mind would embark on a project like that (and I know NOBODY who is breeding “eventers” at the side), simply because developing a good young event horse takes considerable more $$ and time than serving a HUGE 3 year old dressage horse market.
Twist like you want, it just won’t happen and was NOT the reason.