Unlimited access >

Long shot! Apparently my boy has great bloodlines!

I know it’s very unlikely but figured I’d try.
my horse is unregistered, all I know is his Dam was by Starman, bred in the Lower Mainland area of British Columbia.
his Sire was a QH Paint in Maple Ridge who passed a couple of years ago.
he was born in 2006.

any leads as to who they may be?

I was able to track down my BSP’s breeder who was able to tell me his sire’s name based on the horse’s age —the man had a number of mares on his IA ranch, and kept one stallion, breeding each mare to that stallion. The breeder seemed nice enough but did refuse to give me any papers on my horse (a gelding, geesh!) I called the paint registry --nice people, answered lots of questions for me --including the one about finding another way to get the gelding’s papers (he was good enough to show in recognized classes). And the answer, then, was no way unless the breeder signed off. Why, I whined —according to what I understood, by not registering his unmarked foals, the breeder could claim his stallion produced 100% color --and back that up with every foal registered was marked.

Even so, it was fun to find out that my BSP was a very well bred horse —even if he had no papers.

I was also able to track down my QH gelding’s breeder in AZ by calling AQHA directly. The breeder had just a town listed on the papers, but AQHA gave me a mailing address. I sent her a letter and told her how much I loved the horse and sent a picture of him. She wrote back and said she was glad to hear he was in a good home. We still keep in touch through her farrier --a young man on Facebook who trained the horse (he must have been a very good trainer!) and tells her about William’s exploits with me! (foxhunting and mounted archery).

I suggest calling --right now, the office people are probably working from home.