Unlimited access >

Long shot but, looking for Walter Scott and Apollo's Flight mares

Back in the 90’s/early 2000s, there was a Hanoverian breeder named Gene Shaw in the Central Coast of California. He owned two stallions: Walter Scott and Apollo’s Flight. He stopped breeding around 2003/2004 or so, gelded Walter Scott, don’t know what happened to Apollo’s Flight, and dispersed his stock. I bought one of the dispersed horses: Fiana, a mare by Walter Scott out of an Apollo’s Flight mare.

Three years later, circumstances changed and I had to sell Fiana. Not a day goes by that I regret that decision. I was pushed into it by a trainer who wanted a quick consignment. :no: She was sold to a breeder in Oregon but I’ve lost contact information and I can’t find her.

Later, I eneded up buying a mare out of a Walter Scott mare. She’s my heart horse and will die with me. I recently ran into an ad for one of my mare’s siblings and that’s what got me thinking.

The direct Walter Scott and Apollo’s flight mares are getting up there in age, so I’m sure most have been retired from breeding. But I’d would love to be able to buy/lease a mare from either of these lines. Any leads?

Hi – I’m the breeder you sold Fiana to. I have her and another Walter Scott mare named Forever Wynona. Both have offspring both under saddle and not started yet. I am currently breeding both this year. If you want to reach me my email address is warmblood@elkrunfarm.com

Hi!
I know of a lovely mare by Walter Scott that is for sale. PM me for more information. Thanks!

WOW, once again, the power of COTH. Instant answers!!!

I love this thread. So lovely that the OP is in touch with the mare’s new owners.

But c’mon, folks? No pics? :wink: :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=DancingAppy;7605870]
Back in the 90’s/early 2000s, there was a Hanoverian breeder named Gene Shaw in the Central Coast of California. He owned two stallions: Walter Scott and Apollo’s Flight. He stopped breeding around 2003/2004 or so, gelded Walter Scott, don’t know what happened to Apollo’s Flight, and dispersed his stock. I bought one of the dispersed horses: Fiana, a mare by Walter Scott out of an Apollo’s Flight mare.

Three years later, circumstances changed and I had to sell Fiana. Not a day goes by that I regret that decision. I was pushed into it by a trainer who wanted a quick consignment. :no: She was sold to a breeder in Oregon but I’ve lost contact information and I can’t find her.

Later, I eneded up buying a mare out of a Walter Scott mare. She’s my heart horse and will die with me. I recently ran into an ad for one of my mare’s siblings and that’s what got me thinking.

The direct Walter Scott and Apollo’s flight mares are getting up there in age, so I’m sure most have been retired from breeding. But I’d would love to be able to buy/lease a mare from either of these lines. Any leads?[/QUOTE]

Also, forgot to mention Apollo’s Flight is still alive. He’s 22 now, still a stallion and just as lovely as could be! Very impressed with him. (although he isn’t doing any breeding any longer)

This is an older thread but AHS has 6 doses of Walter Scott into their Silent Auction which starts October 15th. https://www.32auctions.com/organizations/79506/auctions/124227/auction_items/3982349