Unlimited access >

Long Sleeved Show Shirts

Hello, I have a quick question regarding good long sleeved show shirts. Now that I am in IEA I’m going to be showing in the winter more often, so I am looking for a good comfortable show shirt that will keep me warm. I really like the look of the ones with the pretty patterned lining in the collar and sleeves, but I’m not sure if those are practical, or whether the snaps unbutton. I kind of like the idea of something made out of stretchy material, and that would look nice when my show coat is off. I currently show in a plain cotton short sleeve that someone gave to me, so I don’t know a lot about good show shirts! What are your recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Essex Talent Yarn shirts hands down. They are wonderfully made, have the beautiful patterned lining, have mesh under the arms to keep you cool, and the snaps do unbutton. They are very practical :slight_smile: I love mine so much. I have 3 :wink:

@intheirons

Thanks so much for the quick reply! Those shirts do look amazing! My only question is, do the snaps ever unbutton when you are riding? Or are they sturdy and stay put?

[QUOTE=intheirons;8362228]
Essex Talent Yarn shirts hands down. They are wonderfully made, have the beautiful patterned lining, have mesh under the arms to keep you cool, and the snaps do unbutton. They are very practical :slight_smile: I love mine so much. I have 3 ;)[/QUOTE]

Yup, yup, yup! These are great! And since they are wicking, they will keep you cool in the summer and warmer in the winter!

[QUOTE=BarrelPony;8362232]
@intheirons

Thanks so much for the quick reply! Those shirts do look amazing! My only question is, do the snaps ever unbutton when you are riding? Or are they sturdy and stay put?[/QUOTE]

They stay put :slight_smile:

@SugarCubes

Great! I will diffidently look into those, thank you both for your help.

[QUOTE=BarrelPony;8362232]
@intheirons

Thanks so much for the quick reply! Those shirts do look amazing! My only question is, do the snaps ever unbutton when you are riding? Or are they sturdy and stay put?[/QUOTE]

They absolutely stay put! I had problems for a long time with my shirts being too tight in the neck and popping open if I moved my head. These shirts don’t budge :slight_smile: I’m obsessed!! Best of luck!

[QUOTE=intheirons;8362258]
They absolutely stay put! I had problems for a long time with my shirts being too tight in the neck and popping open if I moved my head. These shirts don’t budge :slight_smile: I’m obsessed!! Best of luck![/QUOTE]

I have had the same problem, so these sound like they will work great! Thanks again.

Talent Yarn shirts are amazing but they absolutely positively will not keep you warm AT ALL. They’re a sun shirt with mesh down the inside of the arms, they’re meant for 90 degree weather not IEA shows. I show IHSA and I never wear mine in the winter. Buy a plain Essex Shirt, not the sunshirt kind, so you can layer underneath with Under Amour.

[QUOTE=OnDeck;8362394]
Talent Yarn shirts are amazing but they absolutely positively will not keep you warm AT ALL. They’re a sun shirt with mesh down the inside of the arms, they’re meant for 90 degree weather not IEA shows. I show IHSA and I never wear mine in the winter. Buy a plain Essex Shirt, not the sunshirt kind, so you can layer underneath with Under Amour.[/QUOTE]

I wear mine in the winter at IEA shows with an Under Armour shirt underneath with usually no problem, but you’re absolutely right… the shirt is meant to cool, not to warm!

Just wear an underarmour underneath it, like others said. The Essex are awesome.

I personally prefer Tailored Sportsman show shirts! They’re softer, and a little more “glam.” I got one on sale at the Farm house, and omg it’s just my favorite thing!

The Essex shirts monogram great as well.

I have an RJ Classics Prestige show shirt and love it! It’s a light blue with a paisley print on the collar and sleeves and is not see through like some of the sun shirts I have tried. I got mine for half price from Smartpak last year, you might be able to find a similar deal :yes:

Riding Warehouse has some nice show shirts on sale.

I love love my Le Fash, I like it so much I sometimes wear it to work. It’s amazingly comfortable and has a magnetic collar. They are pricey but you can sometimes get them on sale. They are my favorite by far.

You guys fit Under Armour under a Talent Yarn shirt?? Mine is very fitted, I could never layer under it. I guess it depends what size you buy.

[QUOTE=OnDeck;8363225]
You guys fit Under Armour under a Talent Yarn shirt?? Mine is very fitted, I could never layer under it. I guess it depends what size you buy.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe it’s a body thing. My under armor is very fitted, but my show shirts aren’t. They have room in the sleeves and in the body so I can comfortably wear them without a coat and look normal. I have a large chest and a small waist, so I have to size for my chest, not my stomach, per say. It’s all how they fit, I bet.

I have two Essex Talent Yarn shirts. I got both of mine on Tack of the Day. They sell them for $39.00 plus shipping which is a great deal. You may want to keep an eye on Tack of the Day for the Talent Yarn Essex shirts.