Unlimited access >

Longing during winter in an outdoor

This is my first winter without an indoor ring.

It occurred to me that, when I ride my horse, I have a saddle and a quarter sheet on to keep her warm.

But for longing my horse, is there anything suitable to keep her back warm? I don’t longe with a saddle on.

Radon makes exercise sheets for this purpose, super nice and warm. Or look for a horse walker rug, I’ve seen them on a few UK sites.

1 Like

I would say a walker rug is a good bet. You could also use a square quarter sheet (the kind designed to go under the saddle, with girth loops) or something like the BOT back pad, and throw on a longing surcingle to keep it all in place, if you already have those items or they are easier to find than something purpose built.

2 Likes

I’ve done the BOT back warmer with a surcingle. But Amigo and Kentucky and probably some others make walker rugs that would work

1 Like

You can get walker rugs, Horseware has a 100g and 200g. BOT also has one but it’s pricier since you can only seem to get it through European stores

1 Like

I have the Radon one with a tail cord added and lined.

Can’t speak for the others, but it’s plenty warm and doesn’t rub. You can use it under a saddle as well.

http://www.radoninc.com/apparel/jog-sheets-and-blinker-hoods.aspx