Unlimited access >

Looking for a barn in Franklin TN

[QUOTE=eventingVOL;8958545]
I think the Hoos’ are at OHM? Don’t know for sure but I thought so. Pretty sure Cartee doesn’t exist anymore. Again could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

When did the hoos’ leave their old place it’s been at least 6 years since I’ve ridden with Bill, but back then they were at their own private farm. Couldn’t tell you exactly where but it wasn’t OHM.

ETA: yep. You’re right. I had no idea. I wonder who took their old place. It was a cute little farm!

[QUOTE=Ready To Riot;8958695]
When did the hoos’ leave their old place it’s been at least 6 years since I’ve ridden with Bill, but back then they were at their own private farm. Couldn’t tell you exactly where but it wasn’t OHM.

ETA: yep. You’re right. I had no idea. I wonder who took their old place. It was a cute little farm![/QUOTE]
No one took their farm. It’s nearby to OHM, so they expanded the empire. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=eventingquincy;8954116]
Have y’all ever heard of the Cartee Equestrian Center in Franklin? They’re really close to me, but I can’t find an official website for them. I can only find a phone number and reviews.[/QUOTE]

They don’t exist anymore. They literally disassembled the farm piece by piece back in 2008. I watched it happen.

I used to board a little farther down Old Hillsboro Rd, at another farm that also doesn’t exist anymore. (Which is a shame, because it was a wonderful place)

The farm where I boarded was directly across the street from Old Hillsboro Manor, and while I haven’t been down that direction in some years, I noticed Old Hillsboro Manor has completely removed their online presence and no longer hosts CTDA shows. Not sure why???

It’s been awhile since I’ve stepped foot on Green Pastures property, but traditionally, their most expensive level of boarding is top notch (but is also more than your price range). The cheaper barns vary depending on who is running them. The self-care pasture board should be avoided like the plague. But you will probably find the social aspect you are seeking! I’d give them a call. They have traditionally never put any info online, so you just have to call and schedule an appointment.

Walnut Trace also has a lot of people your age to ride with, but it might be too far outside your ideal area. I’m also not sure if they’ll let you bring in your trainer.

Tex, old Hillsboro manor took down their website because it’s now wi-lo blu farm, which are the hoos’. It appears as though they have complete control of it so it’s wi-lo blue farm at old Hillsboro manor now.

[QUOTE=Ready To Riot;8960274]
Tex, old Hillsboro manor took down their website because it’s now wi-lo blu farm, which are the hoos’. It appears as though they have complete control of it so it’s wi-lo blue farm at old Hillsboro manor now.[/QUOTE]

Aaaaah, gotcha! Thanks for the clarification. They always had a few clients who boarded over there, but I didn’t realize the family had acquired control of the whole farm.

Cartees are gone. Like razed the barn gone. Hoos’ have a home and barn about a half mile down the road from Old Hillsboro Manor, but often use OHM’s facilities–he may even keep a few horses there these days.

Green Pastures have had several different boarding options on different parts of the farm all at different prices over the years. They have the more expensive back barn with indoor and private paddocks, the Franklin Road barn and at one time they offered self care pasture boarding. It would be well worth the effort to check and see what they have going these days.

Sad to hear that you aren’t happy at the barn but do understand your reasons. I rode with Bill/Becca/Lori Hoos a decent amount this past year between lessons and help at shows. When I haul in for lessons it always seems to be pretty busy but that will happen with a bigger operation.

The board is a lot higher but I think that is true for most of the barns in the area that you are looking at. On the bright side the Hoos are always going to shows so I imagine you would be able to get out and about rather easily.

I hope that you find what you’re looking for whereever you end up! :slight_smile:

Bill said it was too hard to keep it up, so they are just renting out a barn at OHM now

[QUOTE=hequestrian;8963690]
Sad to hear that you aren’t happy at the barn but do understand your reasons. I rode with Bill/Becca/Lori Hoos a decent amount this past year between lessons and help at shows. When I haul in for lessons it always seems to be pretty busy but that will happen with a bigger operation.

The board is a lot higher but I think that is true for most of the barns in the area that you are looking at. On the bright side the Hoos are always going to shows so I imagine you would be able to get out and about rather easily.

I hope that you find what you’re looking for whereever you end up! :)[/QUOTE]

I think this will be a good thing for us, but I will miss you guys at the barn! I’ll probably still come out there with Ashley to visit though!