Unlimited access >

Looking For a Camp Site - Rolex 3DE 2016

I am in search of someone who is looking to unload their Kentucky Horse Park Campsite. We got caught last year when booking our site and ended up missing out on getting one. If anyone had planned on going and is now unable to, please contact me. You’d make 4 girls very, very happy.

Thanks.

Anybody? I am getting the alerts from Reserve America, but the sites have gotten snapped up before I can get there.

Many thanks.

I had the same issue last year. I would get an alert and it would be gone as soon as I tried to book it. I think they just take the cancellations during the day and send one email out in the middle of the night. I finally got on the site and refreshed it about every hour one Sunday and one came available and I booked it.

Good luck. Maybe a COTH’er will come through.

I’m hoping, LittleLuck. Thanks for the tip. I’ll see about giving it a whirl.

Isn’t primitive camping free? You could just use the camp showers?

Our back-up plan will be Primitive. It isn’t free, but you can’t pre-book the sites. It’s first come first serve. Coming from Southern Ontario, we are hoping to be a bit less spontaneous and fly-by-the-seat-of-our-pants. We got caught off guard last year with the lateness of this year’s competition. We waited until April 27, 2015 to book our site for 2016 and they had all been taken.

I am at KHP campground now for Spring Bay and there is construction going on where primitive camping is. They have signs for blasting zone and it states primitive camping is closed until further notice. Looks like they are putting pipes in. Not sure if they will be ready for Rolex. You may want to call the campground to make sure primitive will be available. The electric primitive is open and they are FCFS.

Yikes! Thanks Little Luck. I took your advise and just started checking the website for spots and FOUND ONE! Thank you, your words of wisedom paid off for us.

[QUOTE=Littleluck55;8613166]
I am at KHP campground now for Spring Bay and there is construction going on where primitive camping is. They have signs for blasting zone and it states primitive camping is closed until further notice. Looks like they are putting pipes in. Not sure if they will be ready for Rolex. You may want to call the campground to make sure primitive will be available. The electric primitive is open and they are FCFS.[/QUOTE]

I texted my friend to warn her - she camps with a group every year in primitive, they’ve been doing it forever - and she called the campground to verify. It sounds as though primitive may not be open yet by Rolex. They are calling the manager tomorrow and trying to come up with alternatives.