Unlimited access >

Looking for a dressage trainer in South Florida (Broward County)

I’m new to Florida (used to trailer down to Ocala for shows a long time ago) and I just got a 9 yr old Friesian/Percheron cross gelding. He had 6 weeks of dressage training a year ago then sat in a pasture until I bought him. I’m looking for a trainer who’d be willing to come to the barn in Davie, FL to work with us once or twice a week to get both of us solid again. I’m riding with a really good trainer now, but she can only do 1 day a week usually, and I’d like someone who can spend more time with us, at least until we are both back in shape!

Or, I might be willing to ship up to Wellington or even Ocala for a week or two to work with someone.

If you know anyone, or how to find someone, please let me know!

Lisa Payne at Oak Hammock Farm in Loxahatchee is great, she might be a good option to visit for a few weeks.

I recommend Jule von Donop. Classically trained, earned her Bereiter licence in Germany. A very talented rider, trainer & instructor. She is one of the very few internationally credentialed trainers south of Wellington. For her it is all about making the connection with the horse and how her students learn with their own horse through proper equitation and understanding of the training scale. She’s not motivated by self promotion, $$ and the show circuit.

Welcome to Davie! I lived in Davie for a while. Nice horse area. I would head over to Horsing Around, she knows quite a few trainers and has a big book of trainers/farriers/etc. Also find yourself a Barn Book, it’s a magazine that lists all the horse services in Florida. Also, if you like to trail ride, I suggest joining the South Florida trail riders. It’s a nice way to get out and meet people.

I am very enthusiastic about my current trainer, Todd Bryan (business name The Bryan Center). He has a barn at Knoll Dressage, Ann Gribbons farm, east of Orlando. I went from a classical german person. Todd’s approach is somewhat lighter, is working better for me and my reactive mare.

Check out RJC Equestrian in Sarasota
https://www.facebook.com/RjcEquestrianCentre?fref=ts