Unlimited access >

Looking for a hunter/jumper barn in the Dallas Area

We are moving to Plano Texas in January and after the winter in Ocala my adult ammy hunter will be joining us.

I am looking for a reputable show barn in the DFW area that is accepting boarders and does some local shows to keep us in top shape for the Florida circuit next year.

I would prefer somewhere without a riding school. Must have lots of turnout (day or night he isn’t picky), large stalls, unlimited hay, and great friendly atmosphere with great coaching and a pro rider (can be the coach for some extra rides on my young hunter)

I have been showing the ammy hunters in Canada since 1994, with a 10 year break from. 2012-2021 while I started my family.

Would love to hear your suggestions

Are you wanting “local shows” or “A shows”?

I highly recommend Bay Yard Farms if they have any openings (and @HJdaydream probably will as well). http://www.bayyard.com/ They’re on the other side of DFW but great care, great atmosphere, big turn outs, and knowledgeable owners.

The challenge you’re going to run in to is having a place with great coaching and a pro rider. Unfortunately, we’re in a little bit of a weird dry spell right now where most of the better coaches are semi-retired from riding, and most of the better riders aren’t great teachers.

Happy to help guide if you need any advice - born and raised Dallas-ite. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Someone from my barn moved to Dallas and settled into South Haven Farms in Bartonville. She was very happy with the level of training and care and the shows they attended. It was quite upscale as far as I could tell.

There are a couple good ones in Pilot Point area. Double L Stables has recently convinced the wonderful Shannon Slyfield to act as their head trainer. And there is Brandon Clinton Sporthorses.