Unlimited access >

Looking for a new hunt coat!!!!

I am looking for a new hunt coat. Normally I wear the RJ Classics Sterling collection (i think that is the right collection) buy I want to try a Grand Prix hunt coat and I have no idea on where to start for researching what kind I should get there is just so many styles!!! It’s overwhelming to me and also wear to buy one (I’m okay with ordering online). I show in the hunter and the eq. rings so someone please help me!! Thanks!!! I am 16 and about 5’5" and like 120 lbs I am mostly muscle (I’ve been riding on my life so it makes sense???)

Try, “English Tack Sales” page on Facebook.

What size have you been wearing in the RJ coats? The Grand Prix aren’t sized the same. For example, if you’ve been wearing a size 2 RJ, I think the equivalent in Grand Prix is 8.

I loved my grand Prix coat but outgrew it and it is still on consignment. I was your size when I wore it so i could give you size info.

A size 8 in a GP is more like an RJ 00 to 0 a 10 GP / 2 to 4RJ , 12GP / 4 to 6RJ , 14GP / 6 to 8 RJ but depending on the material ths could change , You are better off going to a real Tack Shop unless you know your size,

Best to just try one on - when I was on the coat hunt, I tried on a multitude of jackets (Animo, Equiline, Grand Prix, RJ, Tailored Sportsman, etc). All fit me very different and some jackets I had to go down in size in compare to others.

Went with an Equiline Gait. It’s so perfect for my body, it’s almost disturbing to think something off the shelf fits me this way.

If you’re done growing (I am mid 20s and still the same size I was at your age), open your range of options and save up if need be. I tried on the Grand Prix tech jacket and couldn’t stand it.