Unlimited access >

Looking for amateur friendly chestnut stallion

I forgot to say Damon Hill–he was shown by professionals and a young rider and the young rider also showed his offspring. Damon Hill is known to have a super temperment. He is the damsire of my Vitalis youngster. Plus he’s gorgeous and not too tall.

I’m late to the party, but another vote for Widmark. He tends to be more marketed as a dressage sire but has lots of really good jumping offspring as well. I have a mare by him who has an excellent jump with a lot of bravery and scope. I got her from an eventing home and I foxhunt her. The other Widmark offspring I’ve seen have all also been very nice dual-purpose types and very good athletes. My mare is big bodied but not tall, and is very sweet and un-bitchy to handle and work with. I wouldn’t hesitate to breed to Widmark or buy a foal by him based on how much I like mine, and others I’ve seen by him.

2 Likes

Have a look at Messenger, he’s in Canada again after a stint in Europe. He’s only the second North American bred stallion to get fully approved KWPN (the other was Judgment).

I know one offspring, a coming 3 year old, who is gorgeous with a lovely temperament.

Wow he’s nice!