Unlimited access >

Looking for Dressage Lesson Barn (with lesson horses) near Annapolis, MD

Hi all -

After graduating college a few years ago, I haven’t had the opportunity - time or the right place - to ride. I’ve ridden H/J all of my life but did some basic dressage work in the past with a horse I used to own. Unfortunately, I can’t own a horse at this time in my life so I am looking for a place where I can work on the basics and develop my skills as a rider.

Hoping to find a barn with lesson horses and a trainer specializing in beginner dressage lessons in the Annapolis area. I’m willing to travel a fair amount for the right location.

I appreciate your input!

Wow, that’s really a tough one. I live in that area, but can’t think of any dressage barns that offer lessons unless you have your own horse to ride. Maybe someone else here will know of something, though.

The only option I can come up with might be Reddemeade. I think they teach both hunt seat and dressage, but you could always check, and they have their “equishare” program in addition to regular lessons. Also, check out the PVDA Facebook page. You can ask there and someone might have a better answer for you.

Good luck!

ETA: One more! Check out Baywood. I didn’t know they offered dressage lessons, but they might be a good option.

Try Equilibrium. http://www.equilibriumhorse.com/

Great! Thanks I think I am going to give Reddemeade a shot! Based on their website it looks like it may be a great fit!

I have actually tried in the past to contact Baywood and no one ever returned my calls…

If you are willing to travel a bit more and what to learn on upper level horses, check out www.darkhorsestables.com

Chesapeake Dressage Institute in Annapolis. Lisa has a couple of horses she uses for lessons. LKM Dressage in Lothian.