Unlimited access >

Looking for Equine Photo Subjects near Savannah, GA

Hi - my name is Dylan Wilson, and I am a photographer based in Savannah, Georgia. I’m currently working on a portrait project for my master’s degree and am in need of more subjects.

I’m interested in making photos like the ones here:

But I also want to make some ‘action portrait’ photos (western riders performing sliding stops, English riders jumping, racers running, etc).

If you, or someone you know, are near the Savannah, GA area and would be willing to volunteer your time, I would greatly appreciate it. I would be more than happy to give you prints of your horse.

You can view more of my work here: www.dylanwilsonphotography.com

And you can email me directly at dylan@dylanwilsonphotography.com

Thanks in advance!

I think the Savanna Carriage horses might make an interesting subject as it ties into your city.

…oh- and I looooove your naked cowboy series! (that’s THE naked cowboy girls… not just random naked cowboys)

Thanks for the reply. This photo series actually started because I was working with the Historic Savannah Carriage Tours company. All the horses in the photos are theirs.

Define “near”. :slight_smile:

I guess I would have seen that if I had been able to get that dropbox site to work. I’d like to see those other pictures!

[QUOTE=analise;7192715]
Define “near”. :)[/QUOTE]

Within a couple of hours drive.

[QUOTE=Plainandtall;7192716]
I guess I would have seen that if I had been able to get that dropbox site to work. I’d like to see those other pictures![/QUOTE]

Try the link now: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pvs1t8dw0u8tr8j/Pz4M3_xrTf

You should be able to click on the images.

[QUOTE=dylan_wilson;7192742]
Within a couple of hours drive.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I wasn’t sure if you meant like…“under an hour” or “up to three hours” or whatnot. :slight_smile: Anyway, me and my horse are just south of Augusta which is right at two hours from Savannah if you are interested in coming out that far.

contact finders keepers here on Coth. She works for a vet over in SC and they do a lot of the barns here and there.

And call Eleanor at Evermore Farm up in Brooklet. She has a website too. She has a riding program for GA Southern.

And of course there is my great vet, John Malark, up at Edisto Equine, yes it is within 2 hours drive of Savannah. Maybe he’ll let you follow him and/or Sally Banner around to barns to see horses and take pix and videos.

And there’s nice Courtney Squibb at Wicklow behind Johnny Harris Restaurant. Courtney is great. She used to be at the barn where my 2 were first boarded here. When she was a kid.

And contact the Coastal Hunter Circuit, they too have a website, for the next local show.

Lots of big barns over in Bluffton and Hilton Head. and Polo ponies as well. So PM Finderskeepers and ask her for info on all of them. She is great!

ETA And is Eddie Maple the former great jockey still over at one of the barns in Bluffton? If so, you can take pix of a hall of fame jockey as well as his horses.

Thanks for all the information! I’ll definitely get in touch with Finderskeepers.

Yes, Savannah in conveniently located near absolutely nothing. It’s two hours to anywhere.

I’d love to photograph Kieran. Send me an email (dylan@dylanwilsonphotography.com) and we can work something out with our schedules.

‘Within a couple hours’

Bummer… I’m more than that away… (in the Huntsville, AL area) but I have a 6 month old filly if you’re interested in attempting to photograph a moving target :slight_smile:

You could probably also see about finding some local shows in Aiken, SC that might be wanting a photographer (that might be more effort involved than you really want to get into though).

I’ll email you tonight so we can hash things out. :slight_smile:

What about the horses at SCAD ?

Well crap, I wish I still lived in Hilton Head! :frowning:

My horses are outside of Atlanta in Woodstock. If that’s not too far for you, I’d be more than thrilled to have you shoot them (with your camera :wink: ) I’m 99% positive I could get more of our boarders involved, also. PM me if you don’t think I am too far for you!

Aiken, SC is apparently the fall polo capital of the world (or so I just learned on Friday). There should be a website that lists when the matches are. Good luck!

Sad! I’ll keep you in mind though. I’ve been meaning to get up to Muscle Shoals, so if that happens I’ll let you know!

[QUOTE=Lynnwood;7193014]
What about the horses at SCAD ?[/QUOTE]

I’ve thought about that. I have a connection at the University of Georgia, but when I emailed them, I got shut down.