Unlimited access >

Looking for good trainer with own facility in middle tennessee for eventing...

I just moved her a month ago and I am looking for a good trainer with own facility for eventing in the middle tennessee area. Preferably franklin/columbia area. I would like to find a trainer with an eventing team and program. Also would like to find one who is reasonable on their pricing and facilities are adequate and nice with the essentials for eventing.
Any one have any suggestions? Thank you.

When you say facility, are you meaning an indoor?

Eponacowgirl is in your area and does have an eventing program for the lower levels at the barn she works with. If you’re interested PM her for information. For other options, I’m sure other middle Tennesseans will chime in.

If you might be interested, the folks who run the Cedar Knob foxhunt also have an eventing program and Pony Club, but I have no experience with them or their facilities. They have a website, the guy who runs it’s first name is Albert, but I blanked on the last name.

[QUOTE=vineyridge;7847055]
They have a website, the guy who runs it’s first name is Albert, but I blanked on the last name.[/QUOTE]

Albert Menefee I believe is who you are thinking of.

What kind of amenities are you wanting?

That’s Bill Hoos country is it not?

I was going to say Bill Hoos as well, depending on where, precisely, middle Tennessee is. I think he’s in Franklin, TN.

http://www.wil-lobluefarm.com/

I would also suggest Bill Hoos, because of my horse. He was in his program for like 8 to 10 years, and he is fabulous! He is a XC machine and he (my horse) has been wonderful teaching me to jump and event. I also took a clinic from his daughter when she was in my area and really like her method. I would also think that they take really good care because my horse is still going strong at 20+.

Thanks for the questions and suggestions. as far as facilities - I am not picky except that I prefer it not to be overgrazed (meaning there is plenty of grass/pasture for the horses) and the horses are well looked after and cared for and the place is kept up well. I also would prefer the trainer to be resident to the facility - meaning they train there and preferrably live and own the farm. I would like it if they have a eventing group program type for traveling to shows, etc.

I have heard of Mr. Hoos but have also heard he can make you feel very little…
I prefer the trainer to be positive, upbeat, and know that I am a person and not just someone to pad their wallet and such. Meaning my safety and growth as well as the horse is in their scope.

is that asking for too much for this area. Doesn’t seem to be much to choose from - even in the hunter/jumper area, but dressage and western…

You might be interested in the farm I work out of, although I do not own it or live there, the barn owner lives on the property and actively manages the farm.

www.southernpromisefarm.com and my event team is “Big Idea Eventing” and you can find us on Facebook. Feel free to call or email if we look like a good fit!

[QUOTE=eponacowgirl;7891700]
You might be interested in the farm I work out of, although I do not own it or live there, the barn owner lives on the property and actively manages the farm.

www.southernpromisefarm.com and my event team is “Big Idea Eventing” and you can find us on Facebook. Feel free to call or email if we look like a good fit![/QUOTE]

You will not find better care or management than at Southern Promise, hands down, and the facilities are super. We’ll be there with Bentley on the 21st! Always a fun group of riders and eponacowgirl has worked hard to develop a quality program. Great barn, awesome people!