Unlimited access >

Looking for History of TB

I’m looking for some history on Roberto de Poncho (by Flying Kris out of Puerto Paita). He is a 6yr old dk bay g that I rescued from a TX kill pen last Jan in pretty sad condition. He’s now doing great! I would like to know where he was after he was sold as a youngster. I have corresponded with his breeder but don’t know much since he’s no longer in the busuness.

From what I can tell from JC records he’s registered but never raced. He has a nasty scar almost complerely around his L fetlock and his L jawline is flattened. He apparently had some kind of accident. His breeder stated he had no marks or blemishes when he sold him.

He is sound, been backed but is uneducated, lol. I’ve pretty much given him the whole year to decompress, recover and put on weight. I will stress that he’s home - not going anywhere.
Ant info would be very much appreciated! Thank you.

5 Likes

No matches found on equibase or equiline, either under that name or by searching under the dam’s name and birth year.

Equibase and equiline don’t have a record of a dam by that name, either.

Huh?

But OP, if you have already spoken to the breeder, then I have no other suggestions. Good luck!

3 Likes

A TB in sad shape knowing very little in a place like TX always makes me wonder about bush league racing. There’s no oversight, it’s not tracked (no equibase for those!) and short of finding someone who had the horse, there’s no way to really dig up info. But if he seems like an off the track horse, he may have still raced despite no record of it.

Did the breeder give you any info about where they sold the horse, and what that person was planning on doing with him?

Sorry that was confusing. I searched first for foals by that dam of 2017 and 2018, THEN I searched just by the dam’s name with a variety of spellings.

Would have been simpler to search for the dam first.