Unlimited access >

Looking for hj barns near Santa Barbara CA

Hi! I have a friend who is relocating to the Santa Barbara and is bringing her lovely solid citizen 1.15 jumper with her. She’s not looking to show much (maybe 2 or so a year) but wants a full training program as she travels quite a bit. Looking for lots of turn out and nice facility with friendly ammi’s. Any leads would be awesome!

Sunnybrook Farms in Carpenteria. https://www.sunnybrookhorses.com/

1 Like

That website in the above link is not very informative, says it’s an elite, private riding club for select individuals. From the sales page and show schedule, looks like the have some AA Division Ponies. Only names a CEO, no other trainer names , just last years all inclusive board and training rates (2500 to 3k. 5 services a week) not including show expenses. Which is reasonable for that area. Rates are from 2023 but there may be a membership fee in the “elite private club”

OP says her friend wants to show lightly, couple times a year this barn stresses two shows a month and they travel. That might be great for some and the sales page horses look in fine shape. Just doesn’t sound like what OPs friend is looking for.

Where is friend relocating from? What part of the SB area is she looking at and how far does she want to drive to the barn?

Sunnybrook is Rebecca Bruce Glynn and Ned Glynn (was married to Hope prior). Top show barn that travels a lot. I wonder if those rates are old…I am in Seattle and equivalent show barns costs more than those prices.

They will be closer to Montecito and I think she would be up for a 30 min drive. I can ask but I’m pretty sure an hour drive would be a lot. Thank you!!

Leave this on here for a week or so, maybe bump it mid next week, bit slow this time of year.on here. But know there are HJ folk around that general area that come on here.

California Sport Horses in Los Olivos CA. https://www.californiasporthorses.com/

Los Olivos is a solid 45 minutes via the Pass and an hour on the highways, but it probably has the kind of turnout you’ll struggle to find in SB.

Becca’s place is lovely but yes, very high end and competitive.

Try Rebecca Atwater, think her place is called Santa Barbara Stables. That sounds like the vibe she’s looking for. And the SBCRC circuit will be perfect for getting out to a few shows a year.

This is super helpful as she’s looking for good turn out. Thank u soo much forwarding onto her now!!! I cant seem to find any info for her so this has been the most useful info by far!