Unlimited access >

Looking for info on Jester, bay TB gelding former eventer

I have a huge (about 17hh) bay Thoroughbred gelding, estimated to have been born in 1987. Barn name Jester. Small star, right hind sock, white scar on left shoulder. He was given to me in 2005 when his former owner could no longer keep him. She had bought him a year or two earlier from someone in Pilot Point, Texas. That owner couldn’t find his registration papers but said she would mail them (but never did). Jester’s story, as passed down through the previous owners, is that he was a high level 3Day Event horse in the 1990s. He slipped on a wet course and hit a stationary fence, knocking out several teeth and blowing out his hocks. He had to have surgery on his hocks. He was then retired to work at a therapeutic riding facility in Texas, but was eventually sold to my former neighbor as a pleasure horse. I have been unable to locate any information on my horse. I would love to know his registered name and what events he participated in. Even with his injuries and age, he performs dressage like no other horse I’ve ever known! It is apparent that someone put thousands of hours of training into this horse, so I am hoping someone will remember him. I will send pics to anyone who might know him. Dustykarnes@comcast.net