Unlimited access >

Looking for No Deposit No Return Lg Gray pony hunter

My best friend purchased rode trained and showed this pony in the 80’s, he was sold when she aged out of the larges and she has lost track of him. WE are not even sure if he is still alive but would love to know if anyone has any details on his where abouts.
Thanks

3 Likes

Hello. I think we are looking for the same horse. I rode “No Deposit No Return” in Rochester, NY for about 5 years in the late 90s. His owner needed someone to lease him and I had just started at that barn. He was an absolute gem and we did so well together. He truly had a positive impact on my life and I’d really like to know whatever happened to him.

1 Like

No Deposit No Return was in the large greens around the same time as one of my ponies - making him about five in the mid-eighties, give or take. That would put him near 40 now, and likely over the rainbow bridge. Great pony, given a great start.

1 Like

No Deposit No Return did the greens around the same time as one of my large greens and was in our same area. That would make him around five in the mid-eighties, and near 40 now. A great pony with a great start, who may now be over the rainbow bridge.

2 Likes

Plopppp

1 Like

Wasn’t he Joan Fox Boyce’s? She is still in Middleburg and is on FB. There is a very active group on FB called Hunter/Jumpers of the 70’s & 80’s that would be good to query.

5 Likes

I can’t help with his whereabouts, but I remember him well, having shown against him countless times in the large ponies. This would have been in Zone 2 in the late 1980s. Good look in your search. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is it this pony? The tall one that won pony finals?

No Deposit No Return.jpg

2 Likes

when i came to lease him, he was owned by a girl whose first name was casey. sadly, i don’t remember her last name. i do remember that she needed someone to lease him because she was having medical issues.

1 Like

i think this is me? may i ask where you got this photo? date? location?

1 Like

I knew him when he was in Connecticut and then Rochester. I think I remember hearing that he ended up going out to Ohio after that to be retired, maybe. I would imagine he’s probably gone by now, but I don’t know that for a fact. According to the USEF website he was born in 1977.

He was a very good pony for many, many people.

4 Likes

Was his name Norman when you guys knew him? He was boarded at Apple Ridge Stable in Wisconsin in the mid 90’s.

1 Like

He was called Norman at one point, and then I think maybe Dugan later on.

2 Likes

Also, not an easy measure to get that lifetime recording as a Large, if I recall…

2 Likes

He was named Dugan when I rode him in Rochester. His owner’s first name was Casey but I don’t remember her last name (or perhaps maiden name now).

1 Like

Was it Casey Allison? I don’t know if that’s right, but that’s what popped into my head.

1 Like

Norman was originally shown in the green ponies by MaryAnn Fox. Her mom was a different Joan Fox. There are from Pa.

3 Likes

Yes! I think that was her last name. I leased Dugan from her but didn’t really have any interaction with her.

1 Like

I rode against Mary Ann when she was bringing Norman along.

I seem to remember him measuring 14.3+.

He was very dark gray when I knew him.

1 Like

Wow. Norman was a very dark gray when I knew him.

1 Like