Unlimited access >

Looking for Small Barn in Gainesville, FL

I am looking for a barn to ride a horse (possibly lease), “pasture board” a sheep/goat, and work off part/most/ or all of the money.
I am open to many different arrangements/setups meaning, if you have goats/sheep you want help taking care of I would love to help with that! Or just stable cleaning/stall mucking in exchange for riding time, or any thing else you need or want help doing so long as you understand i might need to be taught first.
I attend UF and would love to stay as close to campus as possible but would be willing to drive for an amazing situation (as long as its noted that the farther the drive the less amount of time I can physically be present).

What is your riding level?

I live just north of Gainesville, near high springs.

What is your riding level?

I live just north of Gainesville, near high springs.

try www.mistymorninghounds.com

they are very close to UF and it’s a great place to ride

I typically classify myself as beginner but I’m usually classified by instructors as intermediate. The reason I classify myself as beginner is that I know how to ride but I had a spinal fusion at 16 and the dr didn’t want me to jump (so I haven’t ever… I’m physically capable of it but they were worried about repercussions of falling) and I had only just started cantering before the surgery and haven’t done any since (I’m 18 now). I really would love to ride (its been many months since I’ve had a solid schedule) but as a student I just don’t have the money. I want to be able to work off a lease or lessons at least part way if possible, or find a horse that needs to be worked and its a win win for both sides. Does any of this sound plausible? Also, how far is just north? Im 10min from campus so how far are you from UF? Are you under 30min?

I haven’t lived there in years, but try to get hold of Crystal O’Brien Bessilou (I’m pretty sure I butchered the spelling of her last name), the Pony Club should have her number. I boarded with her while I was down there and it was a fantastic experience.