Looking for unicorn western boots

Can anybody recommend a boot brand to try? I’m looking for boots I can use both for riding and for working around the barn. I want western style, waterproof, about 11" tall, and wide width. I have some Twisted X boots that are comfortable, but they’re not waterproof. So far the closest I’ve seen to my requirements are Rocky brand, but the style I was looking at has been discontinued. And none of the others come in wide width. Any suggestions?

1 Like

I had a pair of Ariats that I wore until they died. I bathed a million horses, stomped through a ton of muds and back pens, and more. Granted, they were a little older so I couldn’t tell you if they’ve changed or not. But they were my favorites.

I have Azulados right now and don’t love them. I bathe in them and my feet don’t get wet but I don’t find them super comfy like my ariats were.

Hubby wears Rio’s or Fenoglios, says they are comfy and worked in them all day when he was a horse trainer and through his assistant days. I’ve never had a pair but could be worth looking into

1 Like

I know Dan Post, Justin and Ariat come in waterproof styles. In fact, I have a pair of Ariat Terrain western style pull-on boots for winter work around the barn. I’m just not sure if they come in wide widths.

Some waterproof western boots are made very much as work boots and not so much for riding. The foot is wide and the sole very thick. I’m sure it depends on the style. But make sure the foot will fit safely in and come out of a stirrup before riding in them.

2 Likes

I like the Ariat Anthem boots. They have various heights and are very comfortable. They do have an H20 version that is waterproof as well. I have the Patriots.

1 Like

I ride for a cutting trainer and I haven’t found the magical boot. I refuse to ride in rubber soles which makes it tougher.
I swap between my leather soled boots I ride in and my rubber boots for washing horses. Not ideal but if I’m spending good money on boots to ride in, I’m going to do my best to keep them good. Boggs are cheaper than good riding boots. (Or slipping overshoes over them, I have not tried yet)
The only other option is sucking up the cost on cheaper riding boots you have to replace more often.

1 Like

I wear the Ariat Probaby boots. I use them for riding and anytime I’m out doing chores/work. I do believe they come in wide width.

1 Like