Unlimited access >

Loose fitting pants for barn chores?

Could you put your track pants on over your sweater pants (which I am going to have to look up because have never heard of them)? Or is this too much bulk?

Eddie Bauer Guide Pro pants. They come lined or unlined. Windproof! Water resistant. Light weight and stretchy. Don’t pick up hay and shavings. I size up and use an elastic belt. Awesome pants!

I could try a bigger size of track pants over my sweater pants, although the crotch in the sweater pants may hang too low.

I think there is such a thing as lined scrub pants which is what I was thinking of, but maybe there isn’t?

https://www.landsend.com/products/womens-high-rise-cotton-canvas-straight-leg-elastic-waist-pull-on-utility-pants/id_353525

I like these–they are not super straight, false fly. I bought two pairs early in the pandemic and basically lived in them for handywoman type work since. Not a lot of selection it looks like now though.

1 Like

I have a pair of Kuhl Klash pants and I love them! Wear them several days a week and only wash 1-2x lol, repel water/etc and nothing sticks to them. Ans super comfy!

1 Like

These are my barn pants. In the summer doing hay they are great and when it’s cool/cold I pull them over a base layer of some type. Hay doesn’t stick and I have room to move.

2 Likes

I hate scrubs, and I really wanted to like them because they’d be great for doing chores etc. On me, they bind over the front of my thighs something awful and something about the waist/front paunch is just…a no go for me. I would suggest trying some on before ordering them, I don’t know how universal an issue that is. But I can’t even squat down in them.

Carhartt makes a work legging that might fit the bill, if you can find some to try on. Duluth as mentioned has a great reputation but I haven’t ponied up for any of it yet so couldn’t say myself.

Those definitely look nicer than scrubs. I also like the bottoms of the legs on those - nothing is worse than wide legs/ boot cut pants that drag down into wet grass or mud.

Is there an Eddie Bauer nearby? I’ve been living in these all winter.

https://www.eddiebauer.com/p/23151037/women’s-2.0-polar-fleece-lined-pull-on-pants?sp=1&color=Black&sizeType=Regular&size=

greys

There is one about 40 minutes away. I love Eddie Bauer and had one of their Jackets last over 30 years, so it might be worth the drive. I wonder if I will find something similar at Atmosphere/Sports Check which is only 10 minutes away. I am hoping things are on sale.

It sounds pretty unanimous that Scrubs are a No Go. Good to know.

1 Like

Thoroughly off the subject, but I recently ran across the history of Eddie Bauer (inventor of the down parka) and the US army flightsuits.

greys

1 Like

In the warmer months, this could work. I know men who wear them on big carpentry/ladder jobs and they don’t care how they look.

Actually I was just thinking of something like that! Like a wrap around work skirt that I could take on and off without having to take off boots. Might be able to get someone who makes saddle skirts or driving skirts make me one.

I bought some hiking pants and thick knit pants and atmosphere yesterday. The latter I am going to try to keep hay free for going into public. Hoping to take advantage of sales as they come up, but apparently Small is the most popular size in hiking gear, so not easy to find on clearance.

1 Like

Do they ship to the US?

That’s just one example. I know Duluth had them for men. Perhaps for women as well?

If anyone is looking, these pants have just gone on sale; 44.99. USD

greys

I looooove my carhartt leggings. They aren’t tight, I can put layers of varying thickness underneath without issue. And pockets all over!

These seem to be slightly different then mine that I got several years ago.

Carhartt Women’s Force Utility Knit Leggings | Dick’s Sporting Goods (dickssportinggoods.com)

1 Like

What is the external material? It looks tougher than typical sweat pant material.

I wear Costco windproof lined pants. Probably won’t be back in stock until the fall.

1 Like

I’m not sure if these would work, but I bought a couple of pairs for walking the dog and I think they might meet your requirements. They’re fairly warm (at least for NC winter), elastic waist, zippered pockets, and the outer material isn’t super “sticky.”

They do run a little small so you may want to size up if you want them loose.

https://www.amazon.com/CRZ-YOGA-Sweatpants-Pockets-Stretchy/dp/B083LZFNNB/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?crid=2BAYADU6ZX6FX&keywords=lined+joggers+for+women&qid=1677436492&sprefix=lined+jogg%2Caps%2C128&sr=8-4

I bought them as an alternative to the Athleta lined joggers that I had been admiring for a while… but couldn’t justify spending that much money on dog walking pants :joy:

1 Like