Unlimited access >

Lorenza Gooch doesn't get any justice in stolen racehorses!

2 Likes

Well, Thanks, TX :rage:
Way to teach kids there are no repercussions for criminal behavior.
I can only hope - small hope - kid will have the memory if what he did for the rest of his life & learn to regret causing the death of his friend.
Unlikely he’ll ever feel remorse for the horses killed :angry:

5 Likes

Not only were two treasured horses killed but a child as well. Head desk.

4 Likes

well not Texas but John Creuzot ( of the Democratic Party ) is the Dallas County District Attorney in Texas

the soft on crime approach caused Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson, a longtime Democrat, to switch to become a Republican — noting his support for law enforcement as a primary reason

7 Likes

Why are you accusing a state of 30 million people for the decision of one district attorney?

Texas is not exactly famous for leniency.

4 Likes

This outlier decision reflects on the entire state.
Grand theft.
Accessory to manslaughter.
Animal cruelty.
All dismissable offenses?

3 Likes

I could be wrong, but didn’t their friend die? Hit back a car and killed on the road (along with a horse)? This is something those kids will live with forever. Leniency isn’t unusual in cases with a tragic outcome.

I agree that is terrible about those poor horses. I hope the owner received enough in donations to assist him in getting his life back together.

1 Like

The 17 year old ringleader fled the scene and left his dying friend on the road. He was taken to the hospital by his family. He whined on social media that he had to wear an ankle bracelet. One horse was immediately killed, the other euthed at the site.

Also, according to Dallas media, there had been thefts (and deaths) of 10 horses stolen for “joyriding” in the area at the time. Texas has a fine of $10K for horse theft. No one has been fined.

In the farm town near me a 13 year old is to be tried for 2 deaths (and others injured) when he stole a car and went on a joyride. Like the Texas teen, not even an apology. That is what is infuriating me.

8 Likes

No he did not!

1 Like

Me too!!!

1 Like