Unlimited access >

Los Angeles Area

Wolf Creek, yes. There’s something on Moorpark Rd near a nursery a bit before the Norwegian Grade, but I don’t know if it’s boarding or training only or strictly private. There are people running training businesses, such as the Stewarts. There’s QofE but that’s private.

According to my friend who lives off Yucca, the equestrian ring and trailhead in/near Bill’s Canyon was maybe originally supposed to be an equestrian center.

1 Like

I am pretty well settled at JMBoarding – across from Hilda’s Keenridge. It used to be “Firestar” and then owned by a Japanese guy with cattle. It is a “family type barn,” but I enjoy the resident dressage trainer for me and my ranch horses – and I enjoy having bigger pens and my own tack room.

But it never hurts to know about options in the area.

3 Likes

I used to event at the Meadows of Moorpark, just down the street. Also went to summer camp there and out to school a few times.

2 Likes

I wish Meadows was still open – it would make it a perfect setting.

1 Like

Thanks for the video! Such a pretty place. Now picture the pastures in verdant green, and that’s what it looked like in the 60’s and 70’s.

2 Likes

Nothing like the view between two horse ears! Lovely shots.

1 Like

What happened to it? Does Tammy still live there?

1 Like

I don’t know the sisters, but was told they closed during covid and never “opened” again.