Unlimited access >

Low starch feeds?

I was about to switch my gelding over to Tribute Kalm 'N EZ feed. It doesn’t have any corn or molasses to keep the starch levels low. Many of my friends have their high strung horses on this feed, and it has drastically improved their performance by helping them to ‘chill out.’ I am about to take my horse with me to Wyoming until November, and was told that the closest Tribute dealer is in Illinois! Anyone around the Wyoming area feed anything similar to this? I put the link to the description below.

http://www.tributehorsefeeds.com/catalog/mature-horses/kalm-n-ez-pelleted-920p-23/

Ranch Way maybe
http://www.ranch-way.com/images/uploads/content/Equine_Feed_Comparison_Chart_-_Katana.pdf

Triple Crown Senior is only 11.7% NSC and should be available nationwide. I would buy Triple Crown before any other feed out there!

Nuzu Stabul 1 was less than 10% starch and sugar, 24.5% fiber, and 2% fat which makes it ideal for easy keepers. It is can be purchased at all Tractor Supply Company stores, but you might have to campaign to get them to bring a load in for you.

ETA: for comparison, I just checked Triple Crown senior. It is 17% fiber and 10% fat.

Triple crown low starch is what I feed my boy. Don’t know If it’s there But you could check

[QUOTE=cutter99;7508008]
Triple Crown Senior is only 11.7% NSC and should be available nationwide. I would buy Triple Crown before any other feed out there![/QUOTE]

Same for me.

I feed Blue Seal’s Sentinel Performance LS, and I love, love, love it. 12% fat, 12% protein, and 13% NSC. It’s also great for IR and metabolically challenged horses.

OP maybe you should change your title to “Low starch feeds equivalent to Tribute that I can buy in Wyoming”.

I know you can get Ranch-Way feeds and they have an equivalency chart at the link there, but I have no way of knowing what you’ll have near you once you get there. Well, you’ll probably have Purina Feeds.

Just jumping in to say, I feed the Kalm N Ez and love it :slight_smile: I do the version that includes the Glucosamine :slight_smile: