Unlimited access >

Luhmuhlen?

Any guesses as to who might be going?

Will Coleman for sure

Sounded like Allison Springer was trying to get money together to go as well. At least that’s what the last blog on her website said.

I think that Kate Hicks is also fundraising to go since she missed Rolex.

My understanding is that she found out less than 1 week before Rolex that the FEI wasn’t going to let her go to a CCI**** w/o running another CIC*** first. I think that she is going to run the CIC*** at Jersey and then hopefully go to Germany!!! Poor gal… she was so ready for Rolex and she and that horse are TOTALLY qualified based on skill.

re: Arthur and allison?.. so how many three day events will that make for Arthur since last september? Burghley (4*), Blenheim (3*), Rolex (4*) and now Luhmuhlen (4*)??

To me that seems like a lot in less than a year…

http://eventingnation.com/home/2010/05/luhmuhlen.html

[QUOTE=Doodle;4852994]
re: Arthur and allison?.. so how many three day events will that make for Arthur since last september? Burghley (4*), Blenheim (3*), Rolex (4*) and now Luhmuhlen (4*)??

To me that seems like a lot in less than a year…[/QUOTE]

I don’t know enough about her program to say much, but she’s a very good horsewoman. She knows what she is doing and does the right thing for her horses. And I’m pretty sure Arthur got a nice long vacation after Blenheim (September) until the beginning of the year, shoes pulled off and all. He’s well taken care of! :slight_smile:

How about some of the horses in Europe that are projected to run at Luhmuhlen and Burghley after also doing Badminton?

[QUOTE=VicariousRider;4838640]
I think that Kate Hicks is also fundraising to go since she missed Rolex.

My understanding is that she found out less than 1 week before Rolex that the FEI wasn’t going to let her go to a CCI**** w/o running another CIC*** first. I think that she is going to run the CIC*** at Jersey and then hopefully go to Germany!!! Poor gal… she was so ready for Rolex and she and that horse are TOTALLY qualified based on skill.[/QUOTE]

This is my ignorance, but i thought Boyd Martin competed that horse for her for a while. Did she as a rider qualify? (do you even have to do that??) or is a just qualifications based on the horse to run a 4 star.

TIA

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=SparklePlenty;4853193]
This is my ignorance, but i thought Boyd Martin competed that horse for her for a while. Did she as a rider qualify? (do you even have to do that??) or is a just qualifications based on the horse to run a 4 star.

TIA

:)[/QUOTE]

If the rider has achieved 5 MER at 3 and 4 star level then the rider keeps that qualification for life.

(article 506-8) I think;)

Janet may be able to quote the rule

[QUOTE=KBG Eventer;4853034]

How about some of the horses in Europe that are projected to run at Luhmuhlen and Burghley after also doing Badminton?[/QUOTE]

Not quite the same amount of travel involved. And travel is tough on horses, as AS herself noted in her blog last year at Pau when she was eliminated by the GJ after dressage for a horse that was NQR. She chalked up the sore hind end to the long hours on the road.

Also, Burghley is in September so hardly relevant.

But all the same, I do hope AS gets the clean rounds she’s working so hard for. Hopefully, life will get easier at the top. :slight_smile:

WEG?

I would have expected Allison and Will TO HOLD OUT FOR WEG:confused:

both horse and rider have to be qualified. Boyd only competed the horse for two seasons I believe. Kate had already run him at the CCI*** level before Boyd rode him…and she rode him at Fair Hill CCI*** this past fall.

It was a quirk in the rules that people missed. They said that her CIC*** qualifier was too old to count for moving up even though she had run a recent CCI***…basically, she was qualified for a CCI*** but for a **** they make you run another CIC***. Fairly stupid if you just did a CCI…but it is the FEI.

[QUOTE=Carol Ames;4853361]
I would have expected Allison and Will TO HOLD OUT FOR WEG:confused:[/QUOTE]

They are still trying to make the team. Since Will couldn’t run because of a broken collarbone and Allison had a stop. Their last hope is running well in Germany if they want a spot on the team.

Looks like Kate and Belmont had a nice conservative X-C round today. I imagine that she is just trying to get that CIC*** finish under her belt without putting too much strain on the horse.

I really hope that Germany works out for that pair!

Looks as though Kate did not get it togther for Germany…Im surprised so many people step up to the plate and support AS (her fundraising event was obviously successful she said she needed $25,000 to go) even though she likely has very little chance of WEG given their track record

Advmom: From what I understand, Kate decided that it was too much to ask the horse after he ran the CIC*** at Jersey. Probably a good, conservative horsemanship decision IMO. I hope that they re-group and make it to Rolex next year!

Visit my website for lots of photos from Luhmühlen:

http://eventing-art.com/luhmuehlen-2010/