Unlimited access >

Lunging blankets/walker rugs

Sorry I couldn’t find the lunging thread so posting this here.
Does anyone have any recommendations for horse walker rugs? I’m looking to use one for lunge work as I won’t be able to ride for a little while but I’m looking to keep my horse’s fitness up. I’ve noticed her movement is significantly better when wearing a rug while lunging but the traditional blanket cut doesn’t allow as much shoulder freedom as I’d like. However, I also do want to keep my horse a little covered as the winters in my area are quite chilly and she has a light Irish clip. I’m currently looking at the Busse walker rug but really just asking for walker rug recommendations. My horse goes in a 72"/6’ 0" blanket for reference if that makes a difference. Thanks!

1 Like

I have the Horseware Amigo walker rug. It is water/wind proof and has 100 grams of fill. It fits nice and close. I bought it for my two and a half year old and he seemed to be more relaxed lunging with the blanket on.

1 Like

Thank you! I actually just bought a different one because I couldn’t find the Amigo one in 100g in the size I needed, only 200g. I was a little worried that the fill would be too thick