Unlimited access >

Magna flakes?

I have a facility in a western state, where the winter months are typically quite wet, but the summer months are super dry with very little ambient moisture in the air.

Footing is a combination of washed concrete sand and reitenright (Chopped up yoga mats).
Sand is three years old and I am beginning to experience dust. Currently I have to do a light water twice a day for dust control. And I am wondering about magna flakes .

Questions:
Since summertime is so hot and dry, can I do a light water on the arena and have that suffice to provide moisture for an extended period of time?

In the winter when there is tons of ambient moisture in the water in the air, will I experience compaction, which results when there is a bit too much water in the footing?

One long side of the arena is open, and I occasionally get some blow in during large storms in the winter. That area needs to dry out and I wonder if magna flakes would inhibit that process too much?

I hope someone on this board has experience with using this product in similar circumstances… I’d love to hear about it!

do not have any experience with use of of mag flakes but blown in rain I have… in the upper two feet of our barn I use wind-screening the same as in a athletic field. Air can move through it but nothing at break neck speed… and rain does not penetrate.

There are companies that will custom make these drapes to your specific opening needs with attachment grommets in place

I also put the screening over the round pen’s fence to block north winds