Unlimited access >

Majyk equipe ice compression boots

I’m in need of ice boots for when I’m not able to actually ice.
I have an Ice Horse set but I feel they don’t get the leg very cold.

Anyone here have experience with majyk equipes?
TIA
Happy riding

I dont have those but I really like my prochoice ones

The Ice Horse boots get the legs really cold if you wet the leg first. And if the inserts are hard as a rock, let them sit a bit. They stay cold for hours. Take them out of the freezer before your ride and they will be primed for after.

Unhelpful here - I have them and have not had a chance to use them. From my not-actually-using-them-but-having-them-in-hand experience: they are larger than most ice boots (a friend has the ones that roll up which take up much less space than these) and they are heavy (but likely not much heavier than other ice boots). I like that they came in a nice carry case and seem very well constructed. If you have to share a freezer the size might be a consideration.

I have a pair. I haven’t used them much yet. I bought them to replace a pair of cyrochaps that would leak around the seams. As someone else pointed out, they are quite large and heavy. I also think it takes a bit of adjusting to get them to fit just right so the boot is making contact with my horse’s leg. The boot is actually really large for size on my horse’s leg and it overlaps, hence the difficulty getting it to make contact. I have a small car freezer I keep at the barn and these barely fit inside it, but I can make it work. I will say, they are way colder than the cryochaps, which I like and they appear to be more solidly built so I’m hoping I don’t have the same issue with leaks. If those cyrochaps wouldn’t have leaked or just lasted longer generally, I would prefer those over the majyk equipe boots though.

That’s a very good point that you make… something to consider. I like the ability to compress them

No experience with those but love the Finn Tack version. Agree it is best to wet the leg first, but they stay cold forever and leave the leg cold and tight, and talk about a time-saver…

1 Like

I have them and LOVE them.