Unlimited access >

Making peace with my body image.

I recently got a copy of the book Riding Through Thick and Thin. It’s about getting fitter for riding and feeling OK about wearing bigger breeches than models in the magazines. I’m liking it. Has anyone else read it?

I haven’t read it, but thank you for sharing. Will go immediately to Amazon and order it!

Try reining, there anyone is game, young, old, short, fat, saddle or horse or clothes fancy or not, no one is looking at you, just your performance and it doesn’t take an athlete to ride thru the patterns.

Then, to do it just right, time after time, is not as easy as it looks watching them.
But is fun with a good, willing horse that likes it.

I haven’t read that book, but I would just like to point out that breeches are the most universally unflattering item of clothing I can think of. Even catalog models don’t necessarily look good in them. It’s not my body that’s a problem, it’s the clothing.

I generally try to focus on what my body can do rather than what it looks like (which is easier said than done on some days). I can do lots of things and, despite having had extra padding for my entire life, my body has served me very well.