Unlimited access >

Markus Deak as an Event stallion?

I had my sights set on breeding to Viscount, but I can’t help drool over Markus Deak! Plus he’s a couple hundred less for stud fee.
Anyone had any experience breeding to him? His one Trak. son looks quite nice. Seems to stamp his foals with his looks.

Granted MD was bred mostly to “dressage” mares, I have run into a fair share of very good looking and performing younger event horses (and show jumpers). His Trakehner son was formidable, sadly completely 'lost to breeding now. He had a son in turn that ran the young event horse program over here up to Bundeschampionat level, and Carel Deak’s dam was not necessarily a “jumper”. It did come from somewhere, obviously.

I think with the right mare, this horse can do well. His grand sire Ile de Burbon xx was of course also sire of the great Lagunas xx, a stallion that we’ve had good experience with in terms of upper level horses (dam sire of really good eventers up to 3 star level). I would have liked to see more well-bred jumper mares crossed with MD, but that won’t be happening of course. he is a very elegant stallion himself with lovely body proportions and indeed you can see him in his offspring quite well.

What kind of mare do you have?

Interesting info :slight_smile:
She’s a Hungarian SH - by Wistar out of Cybr Princess - both Jumper and Dressage blood on Wistar’s side. I think she’d produce a nice foal by most studs so it’s hard to pick just one lol.
I really like his overall confirmation - wish I could see a video of him free jump.

Re: Markus Deak - do you happen to know if he has frozen available?