Unlimited access >

Mary’s Tack

Just tried a western saddle today - Mary’s Tack Custom Sadde. Can anyone tell me about this brand and the quality it offers?

I’m not educated on western saddles but it was above average for comfort. And the leather was really soft and lovely , not that cardboard stuff.

I think it is priced around the $1600 (Canadian) mark which is more than I want to spend. Is this brand worth it ? Google isn’t bringing much up.

When I lived in Norco, Calif. (known as “Horse Town USA”), the local tack shop usually had one or two saddles for sale from Mary. I always thought of them as being higher priced than the more widely marketed saddles like Circle Y and Crates, even back then. But that figures, because they are/were mostly custom made to order. Never rode in one, though.

They were made in the Los Angeles area. I think Mary’s closed a number of years ago. But the saddles are still around, and seem to be holding up. So if it fits you and your horse, and the price is okay, I’ll be the enabler and say, “Go for it!”

1 Like

If its the same Mary’s Tack in DelMar, it’s still open.
I don’t know anything about their saddles but I order other items from them on occasion.
I’m sure you could call them.

1 Like

Mary’s Tack , Whittier CA. Different place , not Mary’s stack and Feed.

It is confusing but Mary’s Tack/Mary’s Custom Saddles is a totally different entity than Mary’s Tack and Feed in Del Mar. (That place has always been like Disneyland for me!)

Oh okay, thanks for the clarification!

I broke down and did it …

6 Likes

Oh, did COTH enable and encourage you to make a significant purchase? If so, our work here is done.

6 Likes