Unlimited access >

Match for R line mare?

I have an amateur friendly R line mare, by Rosario out of a Happy Hour (Trakehner)/Arab dam. Registered GOV. She is 15.2, used for dressage, friendly, fun and safe, a bit croup high, with good trot and canter, and an ok walk (gets a bit lateral if she is tense). There are so many stallion choices; I am looking for suggestions. Ideas?

Sinatra Song at High Point Hanoverians reliably stamps his foals. I have one and my guy is great - working on I1 and will be 11 years old shortly.

That’s good information but not enough to make a choice. A conformation photo would help. She probably needs a stallion with a strong topline and uphill with a higher neckset and a good walk.

The R line seems to cross very well with Donnerhall; there are quite a few nice stallions with that combination. Maybe Dauphin, a Donnerhall son, or Dannebrog, which would give you D/B crossed with R. Both those stallions are proven and have wonderful offspring.

Honestly, the R line is seen in many different lines, as the temperament is truly wonderful so you have many options, as you have noticed.

I’d suggest Schroeder. He goes well with smaller mares and the R line. Gives a great topline, 3 good gaits, including an awesome walk. Nice modern types with uphill build. He is competing Grand Prix and super character/trainability for him and his offspring the same. Great AA horses.

I think donnerhall or lordanos. :slight_smile:

My R-line mare (Rascalino/ Warkant) has crossed well with Floriscount, producing three stallion prospects. The first, Fortunato H2O, is licensed GOV and Westfalen.
She’s also done well with Glamourdale.

donnerhall is great for the R line. but if you want a hunter try: popeye K, prototype, cunningham, lordanos. but if you’d love a dressage prospect maybe glamourdale or schroeder.

Since this thread is 9 months old the decision probably took place many months ago.