Unlimited access >

May be moving to Cape Cod--- HELP

Hi gang! New here so please be kind lol. My partner and I may be moving to Cape Cod (West Barnstable area) and I’m looking for options of barns on cape or not too far off cape to board my 6y/o hunter. Also would want quality training, as we do compete on the local and at some A and AA shows as well. Any tips would be appreciated! Thanks!

Grazing Fields in Buzzards Bay is the first place that comes to mind. They have a nice facility with USEF shows on site.

http://www.grazingfields.com/

Good luck and welcome to the BB! :slight_smile:

Check out: http://www.equinesite.com - it’s a good resource for New England horse people.

Holly Hill will be near you in Marstons Mills- nice for the summer but no indoor. Grazing Fields is a great choice as well. I believe there is a hunter barn in Brewster but not positive ?

Will you and SO be working on-Cape as well as living there? Cape traffic is no joke sometimes, but if you are traveling off-cape daily, that may open up a few more options (on the South Shore, for example). Grazing Fields and HH were the two that first came to mind for me, too.

[QUOTE=MHM;8937785]
Grazing Fields in Buzzards Bay is the first place that comes to mind. They have a nice facility with USEF shows on site.

http://www.grazingfields.com/

Good luck and welcome to the BB! :)[/QUOTE]

I’ve heard so many good things about Grazing Fields that I wish I lived close enough to ride there, it looks like a fun place.

There are some very nice A-AA rated shows on the cape in the summer as well.

[QUOTE=lmlacross;8938306]
Will you and SO be working on-Cape as well as living there? Cape traffic is no joke sometimes, but if you are traveling off-cape daily, that may open up a few more options (on the South Shore, for example). Grazing Fields and HH were the two that first came to mind for me, too.[/QUOTE]

We haven’t officially pulled the trigger on moving (SO is still in the interview process) but I want to make sure we are informed and have all of our ducks in a row should the opportunity arise, and we don’t make any hasty decisions.

This job would be a HUGE opportunity for him professionally, but I would have to find a job if we moved up there. From what I’ve been researching that might be easier said than done, so bringing my hunter with us and finding somewhere to board and train will most definitely factor into the decision of bringing him, selling him, or leasing him out (The horse, not the SO!!)

Thank you!

I cannot say enough good things about Grazing Fields. Kathy is just wonderful. And it’s a gorgeous, horse-friendly facility with tons of turnout and great care. They also have a really nice group of adult customers.

Grazing Fields 100%

Where are you moving from? I grew up in Mass and am familiar with both farms mentioned. But, after living elsewhere, I’ve come to recognize the significant difference in “standard” horse-keeping practices around the country. That is to say, there could be some culture shock.

Yes. At one of them in particular, turnout is not as much a part of the daily routine as you might expect or hope.

[QUOTE=Sing Mia Song;8942678]
Where are you moving from? I grew up in Mass and am familiar with both farms mentioned. But, after living elsewhere, I’ve come to recognize the significant difference in “standard” horse-keeping practices around the country. That is to say, there could be some culture shock.[/QUOTE]

We would be relocating from central NJ, Monmouth County to be exact.