Unlimited access >

Mb civil suit rulings 11/15/2022

I think this is a very important question.
I am glad you asked it!
Maybe we should ship them (Lauren and Robert/Jim E Starks) a box of readers so they can have them readily available all over the place. Some in the house, some in the truck, some in the every rental car, some in the apartment at the barn.

How can they be served if they are out of the country?

Smart Legal people I have a question about the below statement (highlighted on screen shot). The courts say that the Plaintiff’s Mother argues that the subpoena is too broad, but actually Kirby Kanarek (@Seeker1) totally ignored the subpoena and filed nothing. The lawyer for the plaintiff, who is not representing Kirby, filed that the subpoena is too broad.
Is this just a simple mistake on the judge’s part? Why would he say it like this when that is not what happened?

5 Likes

So it seems, zero repercussions from their delayed response to those subpoenas?

10 Likes

bringing my comment over from the other thread…

I watched the adjusters testimony yesterday but I was working so I might have missed it if he said the furnace was on and working? I know the gas was filled and that was all good.

I’m not saying it wasn’t working, I just was surprised they didn’t ask that question. Maybe they did and I just missed it.

I’ve experienced frozen pipes in all sorts of ways (lived in many old farm houses) and the heat can be on and working and still get frozen pipes. My ex bf was a plumber and half the time in the winter his calls were just thawing pipes lol

2 Likes

How is that done?

Is there an independent observer in the room?

3 Likes

Typically it is done by requiring the person to pan the camera around the room or by stipulating that the room itself must also be recorded. You can stipulate whatever you want as long as you produce the equipment to facilitate it - so they could request a second computer connected to the meeting with audio muted that is recording the wider view of the room.

19 Likes

Interesting, thanks.

2 Likes

You mean MBs lawyers request that a representative of theirs be present?

1 Like

Could we please stop lunging around the furnace on this new thread?

27 Likes

Personal service is not stipulated. Other types of service exist. If personal service is a must, they can ask the Judge for an extension of time to serve.

But make no mistake, they WILL BE SERVED.

12 Likes

If they want to pay for it, they can do that. They may well find that expense to be worthwhile, but it’s their decision.

9 Likes

it’s really not that big of a deal, just a question and sharing my experience.

Can we please stop telling people how to post? I’m not sure why posters feel they are more entitled to participate in these threads than others.

11 Likes

With LK’s history of hiding devices I wouldn’t trust her at all. I’m sure she’d find a way to sneak something in and not show it on camera! Maybe 2-3 other views of the room would be warranted!

13 Likes

Has she been lately, though?
Has her SM been quiet or has she posted about riding lately? She historically does post quite a bit to SM, iirc.
That said, just because she isn’t posting about it, doesn’t mean she isn’t doing it…

2 Likes

Everyone is entitled to participate in these threads.

It would be nice if people could try to participate in the current thread on the current subject, not drag along the heavy baggage that sidetracked and bogged down the previous threads.

38 Likes

Hi Kirby! @Seeker1

12 Likes

oh yeah my one post about experiencing frozen pipes in the winter is what is going to drag down the thread LOL

4 Likes

But they were served before and did nothing.
Is this, maybe, a case of giving them more rope…?

4 Likes

I don’t know the answer to that question, since I don’t follow her on SM.

But since her parents finally stopped posting here, maybe someone finally convinced her to stop posting on SM as well. Or took away her phone.

4 Likes

If it was me, I would have anticipated several different moves and already have responses prepared for each potential one…
But maybe that not necessary? Maybe these aren’t that hard to come up with a boilerplate that you can modify?

2 Likes

In the law game there are certain “go to’s” people use all the time. Calling something overly burdensome is one of those things. So they make their claim then sit back and wait.

They push the envelope and feel around to see how far they can go and get away with stuff. They test a judges boundaries.

And even though no attorney has filed a Notice of Appearance for them doesn’t mean they don’t have an attorney advising them. Like say LKs attorney. Maybe he’s told them to go on vacation and don’t worry because he can always delay things on his end citing a different reason as if the delay is his.

I bet LKs funds are paying for all of this. That’s my guess and IMHO.

6 Likes