Unlimited access >

Mb civil suit rulings 11/15/2022

Even before starting to read this thread I just wanted to say THANK YOU to @ekat for starting a fresh, clean thread with the most recent legal updates. Now back to the top!

45 Likes

Yes, greatly appreciated!!

5 Likes

Is there any way for the court to verify that theyā€™ve actually gone anywhere, given their extensive track record of extremely inaccurate and misleading statements?

5 Likes

You forgot the Pilates, yoga and swimming every day as well.

8 Likes

Does it matter if she ceased now when she was doing it in 2020 & 2021?

10 Likes

I have no idea because I donā€™t follow her. Iā€™m purely going off of what she actually said here, on these forums, previously.

As you said, just because she isnā€™t posting about it, doesnā€™t mean she isnā€™t doing it. So who really knows. If her health does come into question, then theyā€™ll have to investigate that as needed/as is relevant to the case.

3 Likes

Even if not already drafted, without saying too much (and this is common) the judge has basically told them how to ask for what they want and get it granted.

20 Likes

It doesnā€™t matter. Theyā€™re not on trial, theyā€™re non party witnesses. The court canā€™t compel a witness to not go on vacation unless theyā€™ve been given a demand to appear at jury trial.

10 Likes

Iā€™m going to assume they have traveled or are traveling because if the docs arenā€™t produced, the Ks will have to produce that proof themselves if they failed to comply with a judges order.

Remember itā€™s an order now. So the subpoena will be served in whatever manner and either they comply or they donā€™t.

In a civil trial there are constant delays. These cases take years.

7 Likes

There was that video that was posted of her riding within the last six months or so, I believe. That seems like it would certainly prove that she was healthy enough to ride following her injuries, especially combined with her show record listed on the USEF website from 2020.

If she elected not to ride after that for whatever reason, it seems like it would prove that was her own choice.

5 Likes

She was bragging on line somewhere at how she was riding so many horses at a higher level than she ever did with MB not so long ago, Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a screenshot of that out there somewhere. So showing or not, she says sheā€™s riding.

17 Likes

But wasnā€™t that shown in social media posts that were attached to filings? So the judge should theoretically have seen her riding, unless the filings were reviewed by a rug shampooer who didnā€™t pass that along, if that is a thing.

Absolutely. But now the defense has to show that to the Court/jury when the time is right.

8 Likes

Le gasp!! It is a law clerk - an attorney who serves as a judges assistant who should catch that if this judge has one.

Us vacuumers arenā€™t lawyers. Odds are the judge, his law clerk or whomever have not familiarized themselves with the criminal case like we have so they took erroneous statements submitted by quack attorneys like Nagel as gospel.

12 Likes

Off subject-I donā€™t know if it would happen but wouldnā€™t it be wonderful if MB was able to spend Thanksgiving with his friends offsite from Greystone? I hope so anyway.

12 Likes

Could another way could be to stipulate that the camera face/show the door and the room only have 1 door? Also the cameras were left on the whole time so no one could sneak in during breaks.

I noticed during bankruptcy court that was common. I also attended a hearing where there was someone coaching off camera in the room. It got caught.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s certainly the way the rulings read.

3 Likes

:laughing: I knew it wasnā€™t a vacuumer! I have seen the various roles discussed in this these threads but just couldnā€™t remember who it was that assisted the judge in these things. Thanks!

ETA: I would have expected the court to have a better idea of the relative quality of the lawyers than they seem to, at least from our perspective.

4 Likes

Now Iā€™m picturing JK crouched under a desk so he canā€™t be seen :joy:

19 Likes

Or he took the statements in JKā€™s email as gospel.

2 Likes